220K on our beloved 2006 TSX

You've gotten a good life out of this car.
Seriously, I would drive it anywhere and not even check the oil. I guess my only concern might be the original plastic radiator. They seem to have a service life and 17 years, even in sunny CA, is pushing it. It has pretty much always been garaged.

The TSX and Tundra have asked for nothing. Actually, I've had good luck with all the cars. I am not sure the newer cars are as bullet proof as the earlier Honda/Toyota products.

I wish I could convince my wife to keep driving her 08 CRV for another 10 years as I'm sure it would still be reliable..
Ours is living a second life down South. Apparently it was time for a new one back in 2019 :ROFLMAO:. It's a tank! I once had a TSX too, with the 6-speed. Loved it! @JeffKeryk

CRVO.jpg

I would, but, and it's a big but. I am strongly considering another car next year, so one's gotta go. It will go to family or friend so I can keep an eye on it and service it properly. I love this car. Honda really got this one right. Under the valve cover is immaculate, thanks to the M1 services.
If you do decide to sell it I'm sure there's members on this board that would be interested, myself possibly included. You can still keep track of it 😁

Honestly they're great cars. My ex-father-in-law had a 1998 CL with the 2.2 Iirc and a 5 speed, such a nice ride, rode better than anything that I had owned at the time and had well over 200,000 miles as well 👍

The TSX and TL of the same years still look modern and not outdated. The nav screen ones look better than the dual screens.

Yeah, the 2009 TSX was an Accord, I believe. Not sure, but they definitely did not drive as well...

I have an 09 .. Love it and it is definitely not a USA market Accord afaik.. Smaller body and I think it was the Euro Accord.

Very firm handling and quick steering but suspension can be a little harsh for those who like soft rides..

Have some oil burning I haven't been able to totally remedy although new pcv and piston soak did slow it quite a bit.

It has a little bit of the "pinging" which is found in this TSB which mine is way out of warranty for: https://static.oemdtc.com/TSB/B09-041.pdf ..... There is one gas brand that totally eliminates it which is Quik Trip in AZ. .. I get the slight ping with every other brand so that is very telling.

Back