220K on our beloved 2006 TSX

Our 2006 Acura TSX, which I bought in Dec 2006 out of spite because Christmas trees were expensive, just hit 220,000. Drove it home earlier today; it has been doing Petaluma garage duty for a few months. Acura got this one right; it is the European Accord from those years. She's had a steady diet of M1 5w30 every 4.5K to 5K. I never check the oil level. The mighty K24 should easily see 300K.
1702424491825.png

1702424752488.jpg

1702425021877.jpg

Last edited:
What does an expensive Christmas tree have to do with buying an Acura?
In Dec 2006 I went out to buy a Christmas tree for wifey. I don't like cutting bazillions of trees for 3 weeks and then throwing them away. People call me a lotta things, but never tall. I picked out a tree about my height and asked, "How much for this beauty?" They said $60 or $100 or whatever, I forget. For something I will have for 3 weeks and don't even want? No thank you. I figured if I was gonna spend the $$ I might as well get something that will last. So I drove a few blocks over to Los Gatos Acura and asked if they had any left over TSX (2007 models were on the lot). They had 6, all silver, 4 AT and 2 6 speeds. All had NAVI. I said gimme an AT.
After a little haggling I was not happy with the prices, so I was leaving... I walked around the offices looking for the GM; found him and told him what I wanted. He futzed around with his computer and swung the screen towards me and said, "How's this?" $30K out the door as I recall. Done.

So I bought our TSX outta spite. Love this car.

Our 2006 Acura TSX, which I bought in Dec 2006 out of spite because Christmas trees were expensive, just hit 220,000. Drove it home earlier today; it has been doing Petaluma garage duty for a few months. Acura got this one right; it is the European Accord from those years. She's had a steady diet of M1 5w30 every 4.5K to 5K. I never check the oil level. The mighty K24 should easily see 300K.
View attachment 192723
View attachment 192724
View attachment 192725
And it’s all stock. 😍

A TSX and an ES350; both renowned for quality and longevity.
You're in fine shape there!
You also appear to be a glutton for silver ....
Well, I did not want silver, but that's all they had on the lot. FYI, that's a GS, and of course I love our Tundra!
The other cars are not silver, so there's that.
All good @dnewton3 thanks for the kind words!

I really liked the TSX wagons. Great looking cars. A buddy of mine has 415k miles on his ka24 in a 2010 crv! Keep it going

I wish I could convince my wife to keep driving her 08 CRV for another 10 years as I'm sure it would still be reliable.. Don't think I'm going to be that lucky. haha Its only at 150k, but she has the itch.

Congrats on the milestone. Run it until it's puking or burning too much oil or nevermind you don't check that. Run it till you hear a poooffff & not from you the car. 😂

Congrats on the milestone. Run it until it's puking or burning too much oil or nevermind you don't check that. Run it till you hear a poooffff & not from you the car. 😂
I would, but, and it's a big but. I am strongly considering another car next year, so one's gotta go. It will go to family or friend so I can keep an eye on it and service it properly. I love this car. Honda really got this one right. Under the valve cover is immaculate, thanks to the M1 services.

I would, but, and it's a big but. I am strongly considering another car next year, so one's gotta go. It will go to family or friend so I can keep an eye on it and service it properly. I love this car. Honda really got this one right. Under the valve cover is immaculate, thanks to the M1 services.
You've gotten a good life out of this car.

Back