Thinking about a Wrangler 4xe

I would take the VIN to a dealer and do a search on what's been done to the vehicle. The CarFax will not show all the details. The 4xe has had lots of known issues. Some recalls, some stop sales. If you check the Wrangler forums there are lots of people who complain about them. Some love them, some hate them. I personally as a Wrangler owner would never consider one.

The idea of an 'electric' Wrangler in any form just doesn't sit quite right with the either the Wrangler fan or Luddite in me 😄 That said, it is intriguing and if it fits your usage profile, go for it. If Jeep can't even get a clutch right, this should be fun! Kidding, kidding, but the clutch on our '21 is subject to a recall.

We both seem to feel that ultimate reliability is something that can be traded for fun and a bit of character, so why not. Good luck!

Brad from TrailRecon had one and only got rid of it because he could not Overland long distances with it. He said it was their go to vehicle for in town errands. I’m also interested in one for most the same reasons you have. I could almost die my commute totally on battery.

He drives a 392 Wrangler.

One off-roader crushed the wiring to the battery in the middle of the Jeep when a stick speared that area. The Jeep was dead in the water, not even able to run on gas only. It was towed off the trail.

I’m not that wild with my YJ and gas isn’t far from me in IA no matter where I go when cruising.

If you use the heat in the winter the vehicle has to run engine and the EV mode is disabled. A good friend has one and the EV mode was pretty much disabled for winter in coastal NH.

Not sure they are putting the red dash in these - this one does not have it

They might have changed it for 24MY. I just know when I got mine that all the Rubicons had the red or gray plastic dash trim, not leather. Sahara with leather seats was the only way to get the leather dash.

They might have changed it for 24MY. I just know when I got mine that all the Rubicons had the red or gray plastic dash trim, not leather. Sahara with leather seats was the only way to get the leather dash.
IMG_6662.jpeg

Are they cutting any deals on factory orders? A dealer in the area wanted $7.5K over invoice a few months back. I got a good laugh out of that. I'm really thinking about a 2024 Rubicon X after the strike, but I'll wait if needed for the interest rate hikes to restore sanity in my area.

Mine's leather where yours is red. The only way to the "full" leather dash, as far as I know, is with the leather seats in a Sahara. Leather in a rubicon gets you red plastic if you have black seats or gray plastic if you have tan leather. Sports and cloth Saharas get the gray plastic. 392s get something else, but it's like carbon fiber or something.

Attachments

• 5A6CFAA8-01F0-4EB5-9790-B85267A547A6.jpeg
    5A6CFAA8-01F0-4EB5-9790-B85267A547A6.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 4
Mine's leather where yours is red. The only way to the "full" leather dash, as far as I know, is with the leather seats in a Sahara. Leather in a rubicon gets you red plastic if you have black seats or gray plastic if you have tan leather. Sports and cloth Saharas get the gray plastic. 392s get something else, but it's like carbon fiber or something.
Glad you like the Sahara - obviously it was not my choice …

Glad you like the Sahara - obviously it was not my choice …
They're all cool - can't go wrong with any of them IMO. Wranglers are the last of a breed, that's for sure. The worst thing someone can do is buy one and not use it off road!

My wife just got a used 23 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe. I must say, I'm impressed with it so far. The range for us is perfect, mostly drive electric. Still using the level 1 charger. Plug it in at night and full charge by morning. For now, don't need a level 2 since we don't use it daily.

I must say the pick up and go is really nice for the weight of the vehicle. I read that if you use 4Hauto it is the best because it doesn't limit the acceleration. I have not confirmed that yet. It will be interesting on how long time wise we get to the point of an oil change. Since the engine doesn't run often it might work out to just be changing every year at least over the mileage.

I do know it can go into FORM when it gets cold. Fuel Oil Refresh Mode. Basically if you never use the ICE it will kick in and mainly when cold weather and use ICE and not allow electric. This is to keep the oil fresh per say and also to use up fuel in the tank before it can go bad. It doesn't get that cold here in eastern shores of NC but it can, just not for long.

I argued with my wife the other day about driving it in electric and not hybrid. She like hybrid because she thinks it helps when she has to get up and go. LOL Yeah, if the battery is low enough in electric it will go to hybrid. I couldn't get her to understand that, and that electric was the main reason for having it in the first place.

Back