Help me pick a new car

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
Tonight wasn't good, one of the washing machine hoses decided to spring a leak despite only being two years old, so dealing with that involved a trip to Home Depot. On the way back the infotainment system in the Integra decided to have one of it's usual meltdowns where it takes 10 minutes to boot. In the meantime, every rattle this car exhibits also decided to make an appearance. B pillar right by your ear, A pillar. At that point I decided I hate this car and I want it out of my life. Other than lousy build quality, the ride height is way too low for my taste. My short list for you to critique -

Buick Envision - had a rental I loved
Polestar 2 - had a rental I loved
Lexus ES350 - I've never driven but seems like a good value
Ford Maverick - I've never driven but seems like a good value
Grand Cherokee 4Xe - I've rented the gas version and loved it. Electric range is perfect for the short drives we take
Wrangler 4Xe - I've rented the gas version and loved it. Electric range is perfect for the short drives we take

We’ll need some guidance as to what you need and want. Seems that price is no object for you?

A Miata might be a great choice for one person and a minivan for another.

Out of your list the Lyriq and Grand Cherokee 4xe have me intrigued. Haven’t had the opportunity to drive or ride in the new GC, but the WD/WK2 twins were fantastic imo. My coworker with a 2021 WL loves it and says it’s even better than his 2014 WK2.

^^^I have to agree, in a nice way! ;) Your choices are all over the vehicle segment(s).

Just out of curiosity, what year INTEGRA do you have now?

Will you be buying a new vehicle or preowned?
How long will you be keeping the vehicle?
What type of fuel economy are you willing to except?
Do you want more comfort or more sport?
a)How are your personal vehicles used everyday?
b)And how do you like to drive?
Have you thought about leasing?
Of all the vehicles on your list, the Lexus is the most reliable and always recommended and the others are typically on a list of vehicles to avoid.

Last edited:
Out of the vehicles you mentioned I would go for the Jeep GC4xe or the Wrangler however if price was an issue to for the Ford Maverick. We went with the Toyota Rav4 hybrid this time around. It's all about gas mileage and resale.

Thats quite the eclectic list.

Unless things have changed a lot in the last few years, if you don't like rattles I don't think the Jeep's will be good for you at least after a couple years.

The Toyota ES is the only Sedan. It would be at the top of my list of Sedan's though? Would have the best resale value.

The Maverick is a cheap SUV with a bed on the back. If thats what you want then great, but its very different than the rest.

If you trade frequently honestly I would lease the EV's. At this point the residual value is a guess at best.

Good luck with your choice - there all interesting at least.

Back