The Alpha Male car....Thoughts/questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
What an alpha male might drive:
BatmobileLX2.jpg

This!

OR

maxresdefault.jpg

Those wheels have some class. At least they aren't black. Hope you don't think it should have period rallye wheels..

OP needs to define alpha male. Any time you have 2 males together one is going to be the alpha.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Those wheels have some class. At least they aren't black. Hope you don't think it should have period rallye wheels..

OP needs to define alpha male. Any time you have 2 males together one is going to be the alpha.

The other wheels just look too big.

I like these. Doesn't matter i probably won't ever one one anyway.
052113_3b.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 02SE
..... some people can be very petty. I just laugh, as I bought the cars to please me, not them. My Motorcycles also draw their share of commentary, mostly negative. Again, I didn't buy them to please anyone else.

Many decades ago.....
When I turned 18, I spent my life savings on a (nice, but used) Pontiac Trans Am, screamin' chicken on the hood, yada yada yada...

I tried to keep it NICE...
But nice cars seem to attract idiots who can't respect others property.
And the insurance was ridiculous.

I gave up on ever being able to own something nice.
My 4-wheeled "cages" are just for utilitarian use only.

My 1988 Softail is also not to impress or entertain anyone - but me.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The only guys I’ve known who owned convertibles were either gay middle aged men or very metro middle aged men. The expensive exotic convertibles seem to be owned by rich gay and metro middle aged dudes.

Hahahahahaaaaa, I love convertible sports cars. 30 years faithfully married (to an awesome woman) . Nothing metro about me either. I simply enjoy the performance of a turbocharged 400++ HP, RWD, lightweight and responsive car.

Sure, a new 'Vette Z06is faster, don't care. The turbocharged S2000 is a lot more fun, especially when driving like an enthusiast, or on track days.

Which brings me to well built Japanese tuner cars. There is something interesting about men who spend time, intelligence and money making a serious performance vehicle out of an appliance. Seems like these guys are quite focused, and therefore rather Alpha.

Mine:

MaKGi0o.jpg

Haha I was just being a little facetious,kind've kidding around
wink.gif
I love topless!! Cars,women
laugh.gif
I forgot you had that beautiful S2000! That engine looks insane!
20.gif
I almost bought a Mitsubishi Spyder years ago,but they were a little out of my price range.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Wannabe alpha males don't drive cars. They drive diesel-powered lifted trucks and tactical-ized Jeeps.

Real alpha males drive anything they want because they don't care what you think.

you got that right...

Prob not really the place for that definition, and I'm certainly not the guy to define it. I was kind of thinking this silly discussion is about the real, high end Alpha's (socially) , not the low ones. A real "manly" car, if you will.

This is about the cars the top Alpha males prefer to operate.

In my observation, the big Mercedes sedan seems to be favored by extremely successful men. Same goes for the Aston Martin and high end Jaguar. These are the cars I see when I walk out on the ramp, here at Jet Aviation PBI.

I'll go walk out there and observe....

One thing I've noticed, impractical cars are not popular around here. These high end men rarely show up in cars like that gorgeous Corvette pictured above.

Last edited:
Some people can afford vehicles cars to impress even though owner doesn’t really like the vehicle.

Like a yellow Lamborghini or Ferrari just for the looks.

All of the Alpha males I've known had no interest in cars. It was real estate and airplanes, in that order.

That said, as a Jag lover, I won't try to dissuade you from an F Type. I'd like one myself.

A G-class in the wild being used. A guy not afraid to enjoy his money.

If it was me and I had the $$$, I'd buy a Lexus LX470/570 or a Ford/Tata-era Range Rover. The former would be a lot more reliable/durable though.

Ultimate Alpha male car is the vehicle you want to drive and of which you couldn't give a wooden hoot who approves of it. Anything else is beta af
wink.gif

Wannabe alpha males don't drive cars. They drive diesel-powered lifted trucks and tactical-ized Jeeps.

Real alpha males drive anything they want because they don't care what you think.

B_F said it first though!

+1000

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
You know that you're an alpha male when other men at work emulate your purchases.
Years ago I bought an old 318i ragtop with excellent and full service history from new.
Within weeks, newer used BMWs began appearing in the parking lot driven by guys without a single clue as to what they had bought and what it might need.
Me, I'd just wanted a four cylinder stick ragtop that seemed to offer decent reliability, with the Miata seeming two common and too small.
After I bought the '12 Accord, Accords became all the rage at work.
It isn't what you drive, it's how you're perceived by your peers.

You should dig up a Yugo, start taking it to work, and then watch your coworkers scramble.
;^)

I was going to say something really nuts like a '29 Cord, but there are probably more of those still running than Yugos.

The 2008-2016 Nissan GT-R was probably the most alpha male car Nissan ever built. The 2017 facelift made the car less hardcore. In addition, I see the earlier models as having a more subtle appearance. It wouldn't surprise me if they were only recognized by certain car enthusiasts and gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back