Tesla more expensive to repair than a real car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
This is why states are not allowing Teslas to be sold in their state.

Actually its because Tesla won't sell through a dealer network.

Their model is direct.

the NADA lobbying team controls the politics on that - insuring the middle man is there to "protect the customer" from the manufacturers "taking advantage of them".

Wether you give a rats rear about tesla or not - the real message is -

Your state government is dictating to you the way in which you have to purchase things - coincidentally said way always enriches their friends with your money.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UncleDave
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
go pinch an A8 the same way and see what happens.

IF telsa falls out whack cost wise - the insurance industry will keep them in check -

When we see mass declination of coverage for tesla then there will be something to see - until then I see no news.

UD

I've already seen worse on an A8 put back out on the road. Granted, it was $12k in repairs, but perfectly in line with the damage. I had similar damage to my old Lincoln and was quoted $9k.

My old warehouse was half a mile down the street from an exotic auto body.

There is something to see here for anyone considering a higher end Tesla.

Wouldn't count on the insurance companies keeping Tesla in check. Seems they're already wildly out of control, especially with their business model.

But if anything, this is probably good news for the average Tesla owner. No need to beat up the insurance company to total it.

Wow 12K on that car in exactly the same place ? Any picts?

If you can't insure it - you can't get a loan for it -

Insurance companies keep the masses in check so if he has a problem like you all say he better fix it before the model 3 ships en masse or they'll cost a fortune to insure.

UD

Who said both quotes were the same place?

No pics. Audi was not my car. Didnt really care that much. Seeing wrecked exotics parked outside is no strange sight at all.

Originally Posted By: 97prizm
As much As I dislike Tesla as a whole, is this any different from a boutique company? Granted Ferrari and Lamborghini are much more expensive. Never liked the super proprietary cheap from tesla.

Ferrari and Lamborghini sell even to people they don't like. Know a few people with aftermarket turbos. Nobody they hate more than those guys. Still sell them parts.

There are even some DIY guys who literally do everything on those cars and get parts.

Mercedes has an entire division dedicated to getting parts for people restoring and maintaining their cars.

Parts are always interesting to see how manufacturers handle them.

You can't buy a dial from rolex unless you are an authorized dealer.

Ive always made good money selling parts and had a division to do so, but selling someone parts and having their work be warranty approved is likely an issue.

There are not really an "old" telsas yet so the majority of the parts he sells today have to carry warranty and a certain % of play cars he guaranteed resale value on them so its not surprising that he wants to control the aftermarket to a great extent this early on.

One things for sure I think everyone can agree on is that buying from them will not be like buying from a dealer network.

UD

There's nothing to indicate this to be an "early on" policy.

This results of this policy are quite clear. If your Tesla needs to be fixed, you may either have to pay a fortune or throw it away.

Their model is direct.

the NADA lobbying team controls the politics on that - insuring the middle man is there to "protect the customer" from the manufacturers "taking advantage of them".

Your state government is dictating to you the way in which you have to purchase things - coincidentally said way always enriches their friends with your money.

UD

The real question is: Is Tesla doing any better by the customer than a dealer would?

Cutting out the middle man is always a great idea, but only if the top man is willing to be more fair.

Savings is clearly not the advantage.

Their model is direct.

UD

The real question is: Is Tesla doing any better by the customer than a dealer would?

Cutting out the middle man is always a great idea, but only if the top man is willing to be more fair.

Savings is clearly not the advantage.

I have only had one pleasant buying experience in my entire life at an auto dealership. The rest were misery.

Typical 3 guy rush to get your money - the hapless floor that can decide anything, the "manager" in some room he keeps running to to get the most basic questions answered, then the F& I guy pushing the "truecote" and warranties.

UD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back