Taurus 327

Yes, it is fruitless, and you can't seem to understand where ballistics come into play. It is NOT all about "shot placement" ... it's about shot placement AND ballistics, which you seem to discount quite a bit. If ballistics didn't matter much, then maybe the police should all be using .22LR and guys should feel comfortable with a pump .177 pellet gun hunting Grizzly bears. I mean, it "could" be possible to kill a Grizzly bear with a .177 pellet IF the shot placement is perfect. 😄
Oh, I cannot resist. Cops do use ~.22 caliber (.223, the most prolific round now). As does our military, NATO, and the Russian military (5.45mm). lol.

Oh, I cannot resist. Cops do use ~.22 caliber (.223, the most prolific round now). As does our military, NATO, and the Russian military (5.45mm). lol.
😄 ... another strawman. Do you think there is a BALLISTIC difference between a .22LR and a .223? I mean come on, it shouldn't really matter right, if the cops or military are "proficient" shooters and can do some darn good "shot placement". Seems that you really can't grasp how ballistics come into play.

😄 ... another strawman. Do you think there is a BALLISTIC difference between a .22LR and a .223? I mean come on, it shouldn't really matter right, if the cops or military are "proficient" and can do some darn good "shot placement". Seems that you really can't grasp how ballistics come into play.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm dialed into how ballistics work. Seems you didn't know the military and police use .22 caliber quite commonly around the world. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Military .22 caliber rounds are indeed potentially more potent by design (.22LR generally for varmints), but that has to do largely with RELIABILITY (not rimmed, traditional primers), and also with range (more powder, larger casing), penetration, and tumbling designs. The .22LR is notoriously unreliable by design as a rimmed cartridge without a traditional primer. All quite lethal if you hit in a lethal spot. All are harmless if you miss.

Shot placement is important. But curiously, tell us how are ballistics measured if you miss the target?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm dialed into how ballistics work. Seems you didn't know the military and police use .22 caliber quite commonly around the world. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Military .22 caliber rounds are indeed potentially more potent by design (.22LR generally for varmints), but that has to do largely with RELIABILITY (not rimmed, traditional primers), and also with range (more powder, larger casing), penetration, and tumbling designs. The .22LR is notoriously unreliable by design as a rimmed cartridge without a traditional primer. All quite lethal if you hit in a lethal spot. All are harmless if you miss.

Shot placement is important. But curiously, tell us how are ballistics measured if you miss the target?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geeeez ... I said .22LR. You can't keep up and create a strawman argument on every point that's been discussed. I think you've defected and made more straw than anyone I can recall for a long time on BITOG. Congrats ... 😂

Who would have thought that "Military .22 caliber are indeed more potent by design". Do you think it might have something to do with the BALLISTICS? 🤫:sneaky: Actually, I think you really don't understand ballistics at all.

Geeeez ... I said .22LR. You can't keep up and create a strawman argument on every point that's been discussed. I think you've defected and made more straw than anyone I can recall for a long time on BITOG. Congrats ... 😂

Who would have thought that "Military .22 caliber are indeed more potent by design". Do you think it might have something to do with the BALLISTICS? 🤫:sneaky: Actually, I think you really don't understand ballistics at all.

I popped out and saw this nutty line of reasoning.

There's also the fact that .223 Rem/5.56x45 NATO tends to allow for projectiles with more favorable ballistics and/or terminal ballistics than the puny little soft lead 22LR heeled bullets.

And in all of that, .22-250 makes 223/5.56 look like child's play.

Plus, this whole discussion is about a gun that fires a small diameter, high velocity, lightweight handgun round that fits one more in a given size gun frame than the next largest revolver.
.3006 to .308
Out of curiosity, do you know the difference between .30-06 Springfield (I'm guessing that's what you mean when you talk about .3006) and .308 Winchester?

I'm going to apologize if I unintentionally offended anyone or drove it off course in this spirited discussion, but I've said my piece and am bowing out. Best of luck in the decision making on this gun and caliber.

.38 SPL is already down 20% from the highest I paid …
Since I built up ammo for two S&W .38’s - got this 3rd - a low cost .38 today …
(have some longer revolvers as well) …

D7E72716-8756-4F54-B05F-678F56BBDA91.jpeg

The 357 LCR with some stout loads can be painful, as would any pocket 357.
The 327 LCR not only adds an extra round, but doesn't flare the arthritis or carpel tunnel as much, and didn't tear open any sewed back on finger scars and skin grafts. I might just have to grab the Taurus for testing purposes.

The gp100/sp101 in 327 are sometimes unobtanium around here, and definitely overpriced. Glad to see Taurus offer a 327. I've been trying to get some other manufacturers to offer their pistols in 327 but they simply ignore my requests. Too bad I didn't grab a Charter Patriot 327 a decade ago when it was available. Charter too busy making revolvers in 380, 9mm, 40sw, and 45acp.

The 357 LCR with some stout loads can be painful, as would any pocket 357.
The 327 LCR not only adds an extra round, but doesn't flare the arthritis or carpel tunnel as much, and didn't tear open any sewed back on finger scars and skin grafts. I might just have to grab the Taurus for testing purposes.

The gp100/sp101 in 327 are sometimes unobtanium around here, and definitely overpriced. Glad to see Taurus offer a 327. I've been trying to get some other manufacturers to offer their pistols in 327 but they simply ignore my requests. Too bad I didn't grab a Charter Patriot 327 a decade ago when it was available. Charter too busy making revolvers in 380, 9mm, 40sw, and 45acp.

The Taurus .38 I just got is a 6 shooter
My 2 S&W’ .38 palm guns hold 5 shots

Back