Tas me bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is fond of saying that my last words on this earth will be something akin to “Well, I have done myself once again.” No doubt you will see this true story chronicled in a Lifetime movie in the near future.

Last weekend I spied something at the pawn shop that tickled my fancy. (Note: Keep in mind that my “fancy” is easily tickled). I bought something really cool for the wife.
The occasion was our 18th anniversary and I was looking for something extra for my sweet girl.

What I came across was a 100,000 volt, pocket/purse-sized Taser gun with a clip. For those who are not familiar with this product, it is a less-than-lethal stun gun with two metal prongs designed to incapacitate an assailant with a shock of high-voltage, low amperage electricity while you flee to safety. The effects are supposed to be short lived with no long-term adverse affect on you assailant, but allowing you adequate time to retreat to safety.
You simply jab the prongs into your 250 lb. tattooed assailant, push the button, and it will render him a slobbering, google-eyed, muscle-twitching, whimpering, pencil-neck geek. If you never seen one of these things in action, then your truly missing out—way too cool!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was so disappointed. Upon reading the directions (we don’t need no stinkin directions), I found much to my chargin that this particular model would not create an arc between the prongs. How disappointing! I do love fire for effect. I learned that if I push the button, however, and pressed it against a metal surface that I’d get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs that I was so looking forward to. I did so.
Awesome! Sparks, a blue arc of electricity, and a loud pop! Yipeeeee
I’m easily amused, just for your information, but I have yet to explain to her what that burn spot on the face of her microwave is.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn’t be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, etc., etc.
There I sat in my recliner, my dog looking on intently (trusting little soul), reading the directions (that would be me, not the dog) and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on flesh and blood target.
I must admit I thought about zapping the dog for a fraction of a second and thought better of it. He is such a sweet pup, after all. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?
What I was wrong to think that? It seemed reasonable to me at the time.
So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my glasses perched; delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, Taser in the other. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water.
All the while I’m looking at this little device (measuring 5” long, less than ¾ inch in circumference, pretty cute really, and loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA batteries) thinking to myself, “No friggin’ way!” Friggin’way-trust me, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I’ll do my best. Those of you who know me will have a pretty good idea of what followed. I’m sitting there alone, the dog looking on with his head cocked to one side as if to say, “Don’t do it buddy,” reasoning that a one-second burst from such a tiny lil’ ol’ thing couldn’t hurt all that bad (sound, rational thinking under the circumstances, wouldn’t you agree?” I decided to give myself a one-second burst just for the [censored] of it.
(Note: You know, a bad decision is like hindsight—always 20-20. It is so obvious that it was a bad decision after the fact, even though it seemed so right at the time. Don’t ya just hate that?) I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and HOLY********! DaaaaauuuuuMN ! ! !
I’m pretty sure that Jesse Ventura ran in through the door, picked me up out of that recliner, then body slammed me on the carpet over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, soaking wet, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position. The dog was standing over me making sounds I had never heard before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking to himself, “Do it again, do it again!”

(Note: If you ever felt compelled to mug yourself with a Taser, one note of caution. There is no such thing as a one-second burst when you zap yourself. You’re not going to let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. Then, if you’re lucky, you won’t dislodge one of the prongs ¼” deep into your thigh like yours truly.
)
SON-OF-A-*****; that hurt! A minute or so later (I can’t be sure, as time was a relative thing at this point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My glasses were on the TV across the room. How did they get there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. give or take an ounce or two, I’m pretty sure.

By the way, has anyone seen my testicles? I think they ran away. I’m offering a reward. They’re round,! Kinda hairy, and handsome if I must say so myself. Miss’em; sure would like to get’em back.

As I pound on the floor screaming for someone to bring me some oxygen because I cannot breathe any longer and am on the edge of passing out all due to excessive laughter...I must say my hat is off to you sir for proving the transformer inside of a taser CAN convert 1.5v to a substantially higher number capable of incapacitating the hardiest of characters.

PS...check under the TV, your testicles may have become magnetized and were drawn to the cathode ray tube or excessive amount of transistors contained within....

I never thought about the fact that when using a stun gun on yourself it will incapacitate you from pulling your finger off the trigger. Who knows how long you shocked yourself. I will take your experience under advisement.

crackmeup2.gif

I just fell on the floor after reading that...it sounds like something that just about anyone would try, given some time. (sometimes we just can't help ourselves)Glad you're okay!

Thanks for the story...I think it helps that you tell it well!
11.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
As I pound on the floor screaming for someone to bring me some oxygen because I cannot breathe any longer and am on the edge of passing out all due to excessive laughter...I must say my hat is off to you sir for proving the transformer inside of a taser CAN convert 1.5v to a substantially higher number capable of incapacitating the hardiest of characters.

PS...check under the TV, your testicles may have become magnetized and were drawn to the cathode ray tube or excessive amount of transistors contained within....

+1

darth-vader.jpg

I find your lack of faith in "The Force" disturbing....
grin.gif

Seriously, I know how you feel!!!! I've mm "had" to had the experience wrt my job.
frown.gif

Will someone please move this thread to humor. I can's believe it was not on there when I went to look for it to read it a second time.

BTW the humor title for this one could be "toooo funny to read"

Errtt, as has been pointed out, always Snope your sources to see if it's been around before you appropriate stories for yourself. Your credibility will suffer less, next time.

Was just passing an old one on that was recently, again, passed to me. Only because I have to get reminded by a few who knew in the past when I myself actually got Taser zapped by other means - a steering wheel lock that was also a remote armed Taser. I don't have it anymore since I got jolted by it, but a few friends send me stuff as a reminder - like I would ever forget?
So since the one in the post was a recent reminder sent to me, I thought I would pass it on. I seen it many times. They still tease me with my past experience Taser zapping myself and didn't make it to work that day. Worked around high voltage then they see it funny, less so for myself.

The original TASER (manufactured by TASER international) shot two darts at the assailant and delivered the voltage through filaments attached to the darts from 4 AA batteries. Newer models have a battery pack....ostensibly with more power...

This is a "stun gun" - a somewhat lower powered version that requires contact with the assailant.

Turns out that when perps get hit with the LE version of the real TASER - they become remarkably cooperative...

Hence the "Don't tase me bro" plea heard 'round the world.

Errtt - you really aren't telling us that was your writing...are you? Please use quotes. I first read that one maybe 3 years ago or so. Was funny then. Not so much now.

Just have it quoted and moved to HUMOR by the BIU. Obviously there are folks who haven't read it before.

Dude,

I laughed, I cried, I spitteled a tad as I laughed and I cried. That sir was awesome, but very stupid.

+2 on Darwin Award. You should do it again and enter it into America's Funniest Videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back