switching to iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I went from android to iPhone 6 and feel the iPhone is superior in every way.

I went to the 5C a year ago but totally agree, it's so much better as an overall product.

Originally Posted By: ddrumman2004
The only problem with an IOS device is the updates. My iPad 4 used to be a delight to use but IOS 9 sure has messed it up. This site doesn't work to well with this iPad. It lags quite a bit.

What's strange is this seems to be sporadic. A coworker says his 4S has been a real pain since updating to iOS9, but mine has worked fine.

Any extra though on my post above....

I wonder if the method of update directly relates to the success of the update.

Personally, on my 4S, wife's iPad4 (haven't updated to iOS9 yet), wife's iPhone 6, my iPad I only connect to a computer to update, I do not OTA update it. My girls iPad Minis get updated OTA most of the time, but they aren't doing more than games and such.

But now thinking about that, they have a few games that like to throw a fit periodically, wonder if I need to do a restore on them to see if performance improves.

By requirement, I am an iPhone user. (if I had to choose for myself, I'm not sure what I'd pick)

I will say this. Each and every iPhone I've owned has "degraded" over time and battery life suffers after a year of hard use. The buttons fail, the microphone gets "weird" and the screen develops glitches.

I am required to purchase a new one every year and a half. By that time, it's "time".

Originally Posted By: Cujet
By requirement, I am an iPhone user. (if I had to choose for myself, I'm not sure what I'd pick)

I will say this. Each and every iPhone I've owned has "degraded" over time and battery life suffers after a year of hard use. The buttons fail, the microphone gets "weird" and the screen develops glitches.

I am required to purchase a new one every year and a half. By that time, it's "time".

Interesting. We have iphone 4 models that we still use for wifi and facetime, so our toddler can walk around with it and talk to the grandparents. Our friends still use their iphone 3GS phones for music players.

All batteries degrade. That's a known fact, and chemical ageing isnt going to differ between Apple and Samsung and Nokia and Motorolla, etc. It will differ by a factor of about 2x every 8 degrees celsius hotter you keep it though.

Screens and buttons? You must really abuse your phones!

I have had an Iphone since the 3, and every generation since than every 2 years, so 4S, 5S, 6, and I'll get the 7 next year when it comes out.

I have found working in construction and having the phone in a pretty harsh environment for electronics that around the 2 year mark its time. I have to change my screen protector every 3-4 months or it gets to scratched and the touch screen gets messed up. Just this morning I was in a trench it rings I pick it up and it slips, falls out of my pocket and lands on some busted up ledge than slides down into the dirt. Without a protective case it would have been scrap.

Still having said that their is a reason its one of the best selling phones.

Last edited:
Battery life of iPhone its recommended one per month at least you let it discharge fully and then charge to 100%.

My wife is on year 3 of iPhone5 and battery life etc remains excellent. She lets it discharge before charging again majority of time. Not sure if it matters but it spends majority of time using Wifi data at her work and at home. Her data usage is 0.5GB per month checking facebook, occasional photo, texting and work/personal email. Never seen her use really any other apps on it.

In terms of toughness using an otterbox defender he iPhone did a 1.5 story drop in center rail of stairwell at work before bouncing down to the remaining flight of stairs. Sliight chip and it simply rebooted and works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back