Swapping out PF48E for M1-113

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dogememe
Why not just use the filter that the dealer puts on? This whole wild goose chase for a different filter seems ridiculous, especially for such short OCIs.

I've stated the reasons a couple of times. I just don't like the look of the PF48E and I want metal end caps in particular. Now that may or may not be ridiculous, but each to their own hey? I'll do what I like with my car and you do what you like with yours.

Originally Posted by OZHSV
I've stated the reasons a couple of times. I just don't like the look of the PF48E and I want metal end caps in particular. Now that may or may not be ridiculous, but each to their own hey? I'll do what I like with my car and you do what you like with yours.

Still though the only documented cases of end cap separation has been with the metal ones, never with the fiber. And of course never with the no end cap filters either (which most of mine are). I've completely given up on metal end caps unless you are wanting a fully synthetic media, then it appears necessary.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Hey all,

My LSA is in for a service on Friday and the dealer is going to put in a PF48E, which I'm not happy with, I don't like it's construction or e-core filters in general.

Ask the dealer if they stock a non-ecore ACDelco for your car, like the UPF48R posted above.

I've tried that unfortunately, and all they'll use is the 48E

Did you ask your dealer if they can order the AC Delco you want to use? Maybe they can order and get it sent to them, and you could have them in hand for the next time around.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Fram Ultra XG10060. Now sold in Australia.
smile.gif

Try Specialized Wholesale Distribution

www.swd.com.au

Yes, much better than the orange can.

Hey all,

My LSA is in for a service on Friday and the dealer is going to put in a PF48E, which I'm not happy with, I don't like it's construction or e-core filters in general.

Ask the dealer if they stock a non-ecore ACDelco for your car, like the UPF48R posted above.

I've tried that unfortunately, and all they'll use is the 48E

Did you ask your dealer if they can order the AC Delco you want to use? Maybe they can order and get it sent to them, and you could have them in hand for the next time around.

Yeah I've done that too. But the 48E is all they will fit, despite what I wanna use. That's GM's OEM spec and the won't budge..
frown.gif

Fram Ultra XG10060. Now sold in Australia.
smile.gif

Try Specialized Wholesale Distribution

www.swd.com.au

Yes, much better than the orange can.

Oh thanks so much!! I searched hard for Fram down here, but missed that site!

Edit - just checked and nothing for my car unfortunately
smirk.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back