SuperTech MP7317 vs Champ PH2867XL - Same?

I was ordering from RA and was able to order some Champion Labs XL with no additional shipping. They were $3.57.

Reminded me of something so I pulled out a Supertech MP7317 I bought last summer - which had a black ADBV. Date codes within a few weeks of each other. I have since bought one with the orange ODBV - so must have been supply issues. Anyway these run 6 bucks now - but do have the silicon ADBV last I checked.

Anyway, they look pretty much same to me - same e-core, same light blue bypass button, same baseplate. Was interesting to me.

IMG_9712.JPG
IMG_9713.JPG

IMG_9717.JPG
IMG_9725.JPG

IMG_9726.JPG

Good observation, I personally like the MP series from Walmart. Any of the ones I bought had the blue or orange ADBV though.
Yes, this is the only one I have seen with the black ADBV as well.

I don't mind the MP - but for 6 bucks for 99% at 30um - its not a good value anymore, IMHO. Its still a fine filter if cost isn't in your formula.

Yes, this is the only one I have seen with the black ADBV as well.

I don't mind the MP - but for 6 bucks for 99% at 30um - its not a good value anymore, IMHO. Its still a fine filter if cost isn't in your formula.
I've been using those WM filters on my daughters CX-30 without issues. The non MP Walmart filter appears to be the same except for the black ADBV and $2.50 less per filter...it should work fine for a normal 5 to 7K OCI.
What percent does the MP7317 filter @ 20um?

I'm pretty sure the K&N Select PS-1010 is the same as the MP7317 and PH2867XL filters as well-Ecore construction, blend media, silicone ADBV (at least on the ones I have). The PS-1010 was popping up on clearance at K&N and other sites, but they must be obsolete?

Back