Supertech MP7317 - cut open - 8,000 miles

I cut open a Supertech MP7317 that was in use for 8,000 miles and a little under a year on my sister's 2003 Acura 3.2TL. The oil used was Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic 5w30. Maxlife Synthetic 5w30 went back in with a Champ PH2867XL. The filter looked good and silicone ADBV was perfect.

IMG_0211.jpg
IMG_0212.jpg
IMG_0213.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0215.jpg

I like the eCore center tube with metal end caps. None of the Walmarts near me (which many are Super Stores) don't stock the MP series of SuperTech for some reason.

Looks very good. My new favorite for my truck.

I’ll have around 9k on the 3980 on my truck in the next month or so. The one I have is white and I think they went back to nitrile for the ADBV unfortunately.

Looks very good. My new favorite for my truck.

I’ll have around 9k on the 3980 on my truck in the next month or so. The one I have is white and I think they went back to nitrile for the ADBV unfortunately.
The white Supertech is the cheaper version, they always had a nitrile ADBV. They have the same specs like the blue Supertech MP filters, so apparently the ADBV is the only difference between the 2.

I like the eCore center tube with metal end caps. None of the Walmarts near me (which many are Super Stores) don't stock the MP series of SuperTech for some reason.
My local Walmart has reduced the inventory of the Super Tech MP line. The few that they have are the cartridge type.
I hate that they are doing that. I liked the MP4967 for our Kawasaki Mule and the MP3614 for my Kohler powered Gravely.

Last edited:
Looks good at 8k miles. Last summer installed same application on a neighbor's 04 Civic with ST Syn 10k. Going to be a while but interested to see how it looks. As aside, last time in WM saw employee rearranging the filter section, hope they continue to stock the silicone adbv MP series. Good value in a readily available filter.

Thanks for c&p.

Same, last time I went there they had maybe 3 or 4 of them in an unpopular size.

Most of the MP7317 that I've seen in my area have a blue ADBV including the ones cut open on Whip City Wrencher.

I bought two of them months ago, this one and another that I have yet to put on, and that one has a blue ADBV. I think most are blue, but this one was bought when there was an issue with suppliers and ADBVs. I bought this around the same time as the Fram PH4967 I posted on here with a purple ADBV.

In store stock of MP filters has been very poor in my area for over a year. Not many facings anymore and always at least half of them empty. 😟
The two WalMarts closest to me are horrible at stocking things. I'm not sure what the deal is. From oils and oil filters to Christmas lights and grocery items. They are both popular stores, but it seems finding something there is always hit or miss. It isn't just a post-2020 issue either. Back when I was running PYB in my Cherokee XJ prior to 2018, it was a 50/50 chance of when I went to WalMart that they would actually have any 5w30 or 10w30 on the shelf. There have been times where entire grades (5w30, 10w30, 5w20, etc) and brands of oils have been missing for weeks. I mean the store is always crowded but I can't imagine that many people are buying Pennzoil 10w30 or Mobil 1 5w20 to make it absent from shelves. I don't even bother shopping for Rotella or other HDEOs there as they are no longer a bargain and usually there is none to be found.

I ordered this filter and another one on the website just to try them, but I stopped ordering things from WalMart online due to so many shipping mishaps, the horrible customer service, and having to do 3 charge backs on my card within 2 or 3 months with them.

My local Walmart has reduced the inventory of the Super Tech MP line. The few that they have are the cartridge type.
I hate that they are doing that. I liked the MP4967 for our Kawasaki Mule and the MP3614 for my Kohler powered Gravely.
Phasing them out maybe?
Production- cost issues?

I’m thinking that they are phasing them out.
+1

They probably just aren't popular enough, especially when they don't keep them on the shelves....

Walmart filter buyers either buy the cheapest Supertech filter they can find, or pay more for a middle of the road/known name brand filter. A second level of Supertech filters for people who don't know much about filters won't attract much attention. We forget that most DIY'ers don't know that the blue filter might have a better silicone ADBV even though it is otherwise identical.

Back