Struts for 2006 Acura TSX?

Our beloved 2006 TSX has 210K; the left front strut has a beginning leak.
I have always been partial to Bilstein and KGB, but I am not sure if they offer a quick strut.

Any recommendations for a quality, OE or better quick strut would be great. NO JUNK!
Thanks in advance. We love this car. Acura got this one right.

Do you want to firm up the suspension? When one of the OE struts in my Mazda 3 started to leak, I used it as an excuse to replace them all with Koni yellows and added +20% springs all around. Plus a stiffer rear swaybar. Just wow an improvement to handling, so much more lively and fun to drive. The Konis have had quality & reliability equal or better than OE.

If you only replace the one that's leaking, go with one having the same OE damping, of course.

I haven't had good luck finding decent quality quick-struts. Usually it's all budget-tier, at least that's what I've been able to find for every car I've ever owned that needed struts. So I resort to the old fashioned way-- buy my own struts and put them together myself. I'll admit it's no fun, but one of those things you only have to do once every so often.

That and even used OEM springs, I'm guessing are far better quality than what you'll find on a quickstrut assembly. I watched a Youtube video a while back that compared the popular quick strut offerings (2 or 3 brands IIRC) against OEM, and the springs were thinner/less material compared to the OEM. I don't recall the exact vehicle.

Do you want to firm up the suspension? When one of the OE struts in my Mazda 3 started to leak, I used it as an excuse to replace them all with Koni yellows and added +20% springs all around. Plus a stiffer rear swaybar. Just wow an improvement to handling, so much more lively and fun to drive. The Konis have had quality & reliability equal or better than OE.

If you only replace the one that's leaking, go with one having the same OE damping, of course.
Thanks. The car is pretty stiff now. The 1st gen TSX is a great performance sedan.

I haven't had good luck finding decent quality quick-struts. Usually it's all budget-tier, at least that's what I've been able to find for every car I've ever owned that needed struts. So I resort to the old fashioned way-- buy my own struts and put them together myself. I'll admit it's no fun, but one of those things you only have to do once every so often.
I'm afraid you're right. Sheesh. I don't wanna mess with the assembly.

Not quick struts and I don't know if they make a version for that car, but the Koni Orange (STR.T) shocks are usually my go-to for replacements. They are valved like the Koni yellows on their softest position and are usually very affordable.

I'm afraid you're right. Sheesh. I don't wanna mess with the assembly.
Don't get me wrong, I've used QS before and they're a dream to install. But it was always on vehicles I needed to fix up to sell, or buddies vehicles that wanted the quickest possible fix with least headache. If I was planning to keep a car for a long time, I'd avoid the QS route... But then the last time I've used them was 3-4 years ago, so maybe there's better brands / options out there by now.

... If I was planning to keep a car for a long time, I'd avoid the QS route... But then the last time I've used them was 3-4 years ago, so maybe there's better brands / options out there by now.
Yeah, I missed "quick strut", didn't know what he meant by that. If you like the car, definitely get a true OEM replacement shock and swap the spring over. If only 1 is leaking after 210k miles, then they must be high quality, worth the money.

My shop installed KYB struts on my 06 TL with 159,000 last November and I been happy. If I decide to keep this car I will replace all the other front suspension components such as ball joints, tie rods, end links, and upper control arms. I already replaced the lower control arms.

The Acura TSX is actually Japan's Honda Accord
Yes, and the European Accord as well. Since the day we bought it in Dec 2006, we have loved this car. My sister drove ours shortly after we bought it; she went home and drug her husband to the Acura dealer and bought one. I now service 3 of these cars; our 2006 and 2 2007s.

Honda used to offer OEM quick struts for these cars, but they seem to be discontinued. They also offered a factory HFP kit which also came pre-assembled.

The best you'll do is likely the Bilstein shocks and OEM mounts (and springs, if you choose to replace them)

KYB makes quick struts, but I don't know if there's one available for your TSX. However, you can use quick struts for the Accord of the same era.

Honda used to offer OEM quick struts for these cars, but they seem to be discontinued. They also offered a factory HFP kit which also came pre-assembled.

The best you'll do is likely the Bilstein shocks and OEM mounts (and springs, if you choose to replace them)

KYB makes quick struts, but I don't know if there's one available for your TSX. However, you can use quick struts for the Accord of the same era.
I'd be kind of afraid that the spring rates would be a decent bit higher since the Accord is a heavier car. Of course, who knows with quickstruts, not something I'd ever use. They could just pull a number out of the air for the spring rate and figure as long as it was close they're good to go.

Is there a reason you want a quick-strut? If you're doing the work yourself, you can buy the strut, spring, and mount of your choosing and have a local shop put it together and you carry them out. My mechanic did that with my Grand Cherokee last winter. He didn't want to deal with compressing the spring, paid like $25 each or something and they swapped the parts around.

Well, I always recommend OE if you're keeping the car and you like the factory ride/handling. Only change brands if you are looking for something different in the character of the car. IDK if SACHS make aftermarket struts/quick struts for your car but they seem to be held in high regard. RockAuto doesn't seem to have much for your car...FCS, Monroe for OE ride/handling quality and PRT & Monroe for the economy grade/quality.

Back