Street parking

The last time I parallel parked in Phila. I had words with a couple. He was honking as I was backing in.

I had thought it was not him, but once I knew it was, I got out to ask just why is he honking? He begins hurling insults (makes no sense) so I told him I've got a rear cam recording us, let me show you where it is--I walked to my car and pointed it out. I had forgotten it wasn't on as I turned the ignition off lol

But that's another reason why you don't park on the street. So random and just because I'm parking in the space in front of him. Society is no joke today, we have to do what we can to minimize random events that make no sense. I can't put my finger quite on it, but there's a lot of intimidation.

Decided to take a pic of the Prius.. the Camaro it hit fared a little better. All air bags are deployed so it's scrap now. Must of been in good condition before.

5AAAF86D-3248-4CD7-9434-14D8404C5087.jpeg

The street is for driving, not storing your stuff..

I agree and there is another aspect in residential areas. If the street is clear of parked cars, it's safer for pedestrians particularly children.

It's a long time ago now but when I visited a cousin in Canada, they went to some length including using neighbors driveway to get my rental car parked off the street. It was some local law enforcement requirement. Made a lot of sense, if every house has a garage and driveway the they shouldn't, be parking on the street.

It truly depends on where you live, of course...downtown in a major city yeah it's pretty unavoidable. Suburbia, I really don't understand it outside of people with way too much crap in the garage to fit cars in. IMO if you chose to park on the street you are accepting the risk of something like this happening. I personally won't ever buy a house where a car has to be in the driveway, let alone on the street. All vehicles go in the garage.

I hoped our New Beetle would get tagged that way when we had it. Never did. If I parked a good car there it would, as happened to a neighbor a block down from me.

Back