Street parking

This is the biggest reason I don't park my cars on the street unless absolutely necessary. Many of my neighbors don't share my feelings on this and use their garages as storage units.

Not sure, but me THINKS someone came through here under the influence last night.

PXL_20230709_182043065.jpg

Depending on the neighborhood, especially corner spots at intersections in residential areas are risky. Not only because of accidents that involve parked cars but also because intersections attract racer boys who do donuts until they end up crashing into parked cars.

This happened to a friend of mine - he lives on a quiet residential street that is straight. A neighbor came home drunk and side swiped his girlfriends car that was parked on the street.

I park 1 on the street. We have 3 cars so one would always be blocked in, although I could keep them all off the street. Everything in life is a risk - so the newest car parks in the garage every time.

Happened to my daughters Kia Soul, just a glancing hit on the front bumper, neighbor heard the hit, says it was a Tahoe that took off, car was repaired. Not as bad as that INFINITI. 😡

My neighborhood looks just like the OPs and it's lined with cars. They park in the curves, making for blind, dangerous corners. They park on both sides of the street right near the entrances to the subdivision off the main roads. They just don't care until someone burglarizes the car or runs into it. How much is that stuff in the garage worth compared to the second largest purchase you'll ever make that you leave out on the street?

My neighborhood looks just like the OPs and it's lined with cars. They park in the curves, making for blind, dangerous corners. They park on both sides of the street right near the entrances to the subdivision off the main roads. They just don't care until someone burglarizes the car or runs into it. How much is that stuff in the garage worth compared to the second largest purchase you'll ever make that you leave out on the street?
I think it an assumption to say that they care at all. This guy will just replace it with something and put it on the street. The people down the street in the other direction park their Kia Forte right on the outside apex of the corner, and I've been predicting for a while that some drunk is going to come through there and wipe it out. Hasn't happened yet, but I see now that it's a real possibility. I've seen their garage a couple of times when they've left the door open, it is packed floor to ceiling with home business materials. From what I've seen delivered to their house, they're running a fulfillment center out of it.

See it all the time.. there's a Prius with a wiped out front passenger corner in front of my sister in laws house. It hit a Camaro and they just left it. We don't have any choice but to park on the street since the RV takes up the driveway. Not too worried about our old vehicles except the Festiva.

Parking? How quaint! I'll have to ask my manservant Jeeves where he keeps my Bentley after he drops me off at the main house.

Back