Storage Box of Bin for hubcaps?

Hello

I run two sets of wheels / tires. A steel set with hubcaps with snow tires, and a set of alloys with regular tires.

I need a box or a bin to store the hubcaps / wheel covers during the non winter months.

The hub caps wheel covers are 18-1/2 " in diameter.

Anyone know of a good storage box or bin for them?

Why do you need a box or bin? Seems like you could just put each in a trash bag to keep them clean, maybe put a layer of cardboard box between each in a stack, if you are worried that the clips on the back of one, will scratch up the top of one under it.

Otherwise, just grab some larger dimensions cardboard box and repurpose it, cut it down to the right size if space is tight.

Put a shelf on the wall.

Put some hooks on the wall.

Put them under your bed.

Leave them on the rims.

Get a dog, build it a doghouse with a little garage to store them in.

I laid mine on each rim and stacked next tire on top. Sidewalls bulge enough so the rims/caps do not touch each other. I've also just stacked all 4 on top of the top tire depending on the year. I only have 1 vehicle out of 5 now that has hubcaps for winter. The rest are on alloys

Hello

I run two sets of wheels / tires. A steel set with hubcaps with snow tires, and a set of alloys with regular tires.

I need a box or a bin to store the hubcaps / wheel covers during the non winter months.

Can you hang them from a peg board. Or use the reusable zip ties to hang them?

Hello

You can get a 20x20x20? (I forget the height) cardboard box from "The UPS store", and lay down bubble wrap in between the hubcaps.

Since I use Tiretotes, I just snapped the hubcaps back on and put the felt cover over it, and stack them up.

Get a dog, build it a doghouse with a little garage to store them in.
Kidding aside, if you want to get real fancy, you could build your own perfect-dimensions box out of plywood or particle board, along with strips of wood covered in fabric or whatever, as spacers between each.

You could put wheels on it, on a sprocketed axle and chain with a little gas engine to move it around. Wait no you're in CA, small engines are being outlawed soon, either make it an EV with a solar panel on it and try to get some of the gubbment subsidies, or on the other hand, since it's CA, this may be your last chance to build the gas version.

Back