Started my oil stash today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Wow!
You almost never see Schaeffer's on a shelf anywhere.
If it's API SL, then it probably has been sitting there for a long time.

These are the old labels and bottles. Schaeffer Manufacturing has gone to great lengths recently upgrading retail packaging, soon to be on the shelves, with both the Fuel additive line and the engine oil line along with the typical OTC products such as Penetro 90, moly roller chain lube and of course the greases and Citrol.

More and more retailers are realizing the value of stocking Schaeffers AND the added expertise that Schaeffers brings to them and their customers.

Easily searched for your local retailer here.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/retail-locations.html

Well I know have enough oil to change my '92 Miata 4 times of Havoline HM 5w20 that will cost me 60 cents a qt.
5 oil changes for my Chrysler 200 of Milesyn & Pennzoil Platinum 0w20 at $1.80 quart.
5 oil changes for my daughters Fiat 500 of Valvoline Syn 5w30 at $1.67 quart.
1 oil change for my Fiat 124 Spider with Pennzoil Euro 5w40 that cost me nothing. Got them free!
Now I need Napa to put there Napa Gold oil filters on sale!

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: CT8
why have an oil stash?

You buy it when is really cheap, in case its not cheap at oil change time. I once had 30 quarts of pennzoil platinum that i paid $1.00 a quart. Or you can wait till you need it and its not on sale and pay $3-10 a quart.I have about 12 jugs of valvoline synpower, that cost me a total of $100.44. If i paid $24 per jug at walmart it would be a cost of $288 or so. $188 savings, that's why you have a stash.

^^^
This.
Does anyone buy their toilet paper one roll at a time or do they stock up when it's cheap?
Does anyone buy gas every day adding only as much as they'll use each day, or do you fill the tank when you find a low price?
Same with motor oil.
A proper stash is a never-ending source of cheap oil in the grades suitable for whatever engines you have to service.
There is really no reason not to have oil on hand for the next couple of years unless you lack the room to properly store it, and a couple of years of oil isn't really all that much given reasonable drain intervals.
Two buck a quart name brand synthetic rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back