Spray wax on interior surfaces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon

When you say Megs Carnauba paste wax, I'm guessing you mean Gold Class... is that true? If this is the case, the UQW would certainly help extend the life of the Carnauba wax, although this combination would not be as good as it would if you used something like Megs Ultimate Paste Wax, or NXT 2.0 Wax first, both of which are synthetic "waxes" or sealants, and have much better longevity and durability.

Either way, you're better off putting down SOME kind of true wax/sealant base over the paint first, before you use the UQW. I frequently use Meguiars NXT 2.0 Paste Wax as my base. Its durability is not the best, but the UQW helps me easily get 6 months out of it, since I use it after every wash.

Thanks for this information.

What if I already applied the UQW as a base and now I want to apply the Megs Ultimate Paste Wax?

Can I apply UPW over the UQW?

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: SirTanon

When you say Megs Carnauba paste wax, I'm guessing you mean Gold Class... is that true? If this is the case, the UQW would certainly help extend the life of the Carnauba wax, although this combination would not be as good as it would if you used something like Megs Ultimate Paste Wax, or NXT 2.0 Wax first, both of which are synthetic "waxes" or sealants, and have much better longevity and durability.

Either way, you're better off putting down SOME kind of true wax/sealant base over the paint first, before you use the UQW. I frequently use Meguiars NXT 2.0 Paste Wax as my base. Its durability is not the best, but the UQW helps me easily get 6 months out of it, since I use it after every wash.

Thanks for this information.

What if I already applied the UQW as a base and now I want to apply the Megs Ultimate Paste Wax?

Can I apply UPW over the UQW?

This would not really be of any benefit. The Ultimate Paste Wax contains solvents that would most likely just strip what protection the UQW has left. You'd end up with a good coat of UPW. The UQW essentially acts as a topper - repeatedly rebuilding the protection that regular washes, rain, and other elemental factors remove over the course of time.

You guys need to get out of the routine of waxing. Go for the synthetic sealants -- a tad more expensive, but they last a LOT longer and can simply be "refreshed" with a quick touch-up coating.

Originally Posted By: dparm
You guys need to get out of the routine of waxing. Go for the synthetic sealants -- a tad more expensive, but they last a LOT longer and can simply be "refreshed" with a quick touch-up coating.

What do you think a spray wax - any spray wax - is?

Synthetic sealants are wonderful, but carnauba still has it's place too: creating paint depth, clarity, and high-gloss shine. Speaking in terms of Meguiar's products I top the paint with Ultimate Liquid Wax and touch up with Ultimate Quik Wax, but if I am taking the car somewhere to be seen the last step is Meguiar's Gold Class.

The lines are blurred with spray detailers and sealants. In many cases, quick detailers and spray waxes have the same polymers that the sealants are made from. Optimum car wax is one example. Another is Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. A lot of paste waxes are the same as well. They are more hybrid.

I've seen reports on using the Sonax detailer as the main protectant for cars. Would I? Maybe not but the stuff does keep the water at bay for some period of time.

That Meguiars Shine as You Dry Quick Wax stuff. How does it compare to Mothers VLR? A lot of people online love that stuff on interior plastics. But I'm looking for a "dressing" and not a protectant.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I've never tried it but, I would think that any spray wax on interior surfaces would cause fading/chalking/hazing like putting wax on flat black surfaces. It's a NO-NO!.

How can the white hazing from Carnauba paste wax be removed from exterior black plastics?

Thanks

I have heard that lubes such as WD40 can loosen the wax from black plastics and grained plastics. You'd have to try it for yourself to see what works for you.

I have even heard of someone using peanut butter to remove the wax residue from grained/black/flat black exterior trim. But, I think it's the oil in the peanut butter that worked.

Flat black door trim such as the "B" pillars will need something more aggressive such as a stripper or compounding.

One of the key selling points of Optimum Car Wax is that you can spray it on any exterior surface including rubber and plastic trim without staining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back