spark plug smells like fuel?

I was replacing some plugs on newer nissan. All the plugs were bone dry, no fuel smell except one. Plug was dry, and had no indication of running rich, normal wear. Is this early indication of leak injector or just coincidence? Fuel trims at +/-2

I was replacing some plugs on newer nissan. All the plugs were bone dry, no fuel smell except one. Plug was dry, and had no indication of running rich, normal wear. Is this early indication of leak injector or just coincidence? Fuel trims at +/-2
I wouldn't worry about it if no codes are thrown and fuel trims at +/- 2. A badly leaking injector would show as a rapid drop of fuel pressure after the engine is shut off.

I wouldn't worry about it if no codes are thrown and fuel trims at +/- 2. A badly leaking injector would show as a rapid drop of fuel pressure after the engine is shut off.
Plus the electrode would be BLACK, possibly even dripping fuel. My Mom’s old Dodge (Mitsubishi) Colt Vista went through injectors fairly regularly, could move the leaky injector around & it would gas foul whatever cylinder you put it on.

Back