Vehicle feels slightly more sluggish after new spark plug change

There's your problem. Even if the spark plugs are pre-gapped from the factory for your particular application, the gap can change while the spark plug is inside the box due to how it's handled. People drop these, they get tossed round in shipping, etc.

Watch this:

How long before you will address the problem and install them correctly?

ty however it was the 4 pack denso box that is fully sealed. so i just hoped the denso maker didn't drop it ahahah cuz otherwise it has a plastic tubing to protect the tip and theres no way someone opened it before me

I don't gap the iridium plugs either. My GDI Tuscon needs plugs every 30k so I just toss them in at that interval. I use the NGK IX Iridium (cheapest) from Advance auto. I don't buy plugs online anymore I got counterfeit ones from amazon twice, and ebay once.
Why at 30k miles? That is like a copper plug's life span not iridium. What is the recommended replacement interval per Hyundai? I bet its not 30k miles.

Why at 30k miles? That is like a copper plug's life span not iridium. What is the recommended replacement interval per Hyundai? I bet its not 30k miles.
Not a Hyundai, but Turbo Mazda3 2.3/2.5 specs every 40k-ish. Iridium. And they're usually trashed at that mileage if the car is driven spiritedly.

eh seems like the more i drive it, it feels 'normal'. i am certain if someone else drove it they would say it drives fine as well. i think mind games after all, just gotta forget about it cuz im too lazy to check the gap and etc. considering it was a sealed 4 pack from denso, i have high hopes the factory gap was set and not dropped

This happened to me when I replaced some really old plugs in my old Yukon. Lost power. The engine liked the wider gap on the worn plugs.

If it's bugging you, go grab a $5 gapping tool and pull them out and check them. Doesn't take long.

I always check, even if they come pre-gapped. I have never gotten a set that didn't need some adjusting.

I always buy plugs from RockAuto. Except, I got a set of autolites for my sons KIA Rio on eBay. NOt sure if they're fake or not, considering the price point for them, can't imagine they're worth faking. His car burns a lot of oil, so just throwing a new set in every 30K at this point.

If it's bugging you, go grab a $5 gapping tool and pull them out and check them. Doesn't take long.

I always check, even if they come pre-gapped. I have never gotten a set that didn't need some adjusting.

I always buy plugs from RockAuto. Except, I got a set of autolites for my sons KIA Rio on eBay. NOt sure if they're fake or not, considering the price point for them, can't imagine they're worth faking. His car burns a lot of oil, so just throwing a new set in every 30K at this point.
Idk if it’s a thing but after a few days of driving it feels good now

Maybe I got used to the performance now but it runs good

Back