SP rated Mobil 1 0W-40 Euro spotted

Meets or Exceeds does not equal having approvals.

API shows M1 FS 0w40 has the license for SN, not SN-Plus nor SP.

View attachment 151863
hmmm

This product meets or exceeds the requirements of:
AAE (STO 003) Group B7
API SJ
API SL
API SM
API SN
API SN PLUS
API SP
ACEA A3/B4
Ford WSS-M2C937-A
Fiat 9.55535-M2

I hmmm [URL unfurl="true said:
https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/our-products/products/mobil-1-fs-0w-40[/URL]

This product meets or exceeds the requirements of:
AAE (STO 003) Group B7
API SJ
API SL
API SM
API SN
API SN PLUS
API SP
ACEA A3/B4
Ford WSS-M2C937-A
Fiat 9.55535-M2
Yup, Castrol uses the same language.

You'll note different language is used for different types of approvals. It's all correct language, it just depends on the approval type.

The difference is when they use "recommended for" or "suitable for".

Yup, Castrol uses the same language.

You'll note different language is used for different types of approvals. It's all correct language, it just depends on the approval type.

The difference is when they use "recommended for" or "suitable for".
And more specifically those aren’t approvals, so as you note the language is correct here.

But I think he was pointing out that ExxonMobil is stating the product is API SP licensed. My ELOCS Directoryfu may be a little off when it comes to the specific name but it seems to appear on there as well.

And more specifically those aren’t approvals, so as you note the language is correct here.

But I think he was pointing out that ExxonMobil is stating the product is API SP licensed. My ELOCS Directoryfu may be a little off when it comes to the specific name but it seems to appear on there as well.
Yes, I'm using specification and approval here interchangeably but as you note, there's a difference in the language used to describe it.

Back