Sorting Old Computers

I bought one of those el cheapo $100 laptops with the garbage Atom like Celeron, 4GB ram (soldered non-upgradeable), and 64Gb of eMMC, Windows 11 is total dogs**t on it, Debian or Ubuntu (and likely whatever distro of your choosing) with the Mate desktop works great, although 4GB of RAM isn't the most compatible with my habit of opening like 50 tabs.
4GB ram is exactly what my laptop has, barely enough to run Win 8.1 but with Linux it loves it. Any cheap pc/laptops from now on, i gonna install Linux. In recent days i switched from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 LTSC on my main gaming rig, less bloat and more performance, love it.

I was in phase of doing similar but ended up with 10 laptops I never used. I think i enjoyed trying other OS. Finally I just loaded VirtualBox on my Mac and tried different OS including Win 3.1 , Linux and OS/2 warp.

I was in phase of doing similar but ended up with 10 laptops I never used. I think i enjoyed trying other OS. Finally I just loaded virtual box on my Mac and tried them all.
Also there's PCem for running super old OSs that only play well with hardware up to a certain point you can emulate on a modern computer everything from a 8088 upto about a faster Pentium Class machine.

Dug this one up from 2016- it sat for 5 years unplugged,
Fired right up.. I updated everything and tried to dump Panada Dome AV and it refused so I use
IObit uninstaller and it sent it packing...lol
For a home or business computer this one is silent and has a platinum power supply.

mail
HP EliteDesk 705 G2 MT​
Product number: L1M88AV​

No Included Keyboard
ENERGY STAR Certified
No Included Mouse
HP EliteDesk 705 G2 MT Platinum Chassis
HP DisplayPort Cable
Single Unit Packaging
8GB DDR3-1600 DIMM (2x4GB) RAM
SD 3 Media Card Reader
3/3/3 TWR Warranty