Grill/Griddle Press opinions wanted

Hey all! If there was ever a place to go to “split hairs” this is it, so let’s start splitting. I want to purchase a grill press for my Weber Genesis II SE-335 gas grill. I’d like to use it to help sear, try smash burgers, keep burger patties from “balling up”, make reuben sandwiches, etc. I’m looking for a rectangular press as it seems more versatile. The two I’m interested in are the Cuisinart CGPR-221 and the Victoria Cast Iron Griddle Press. They are essentially the same thing except the Cuisinart has a ribbed surface and the Victoria has a much smoother surface. I can’t seem to find a definitive answer as to what’s better, smooth or ribbed. I don’t care about “grill marks” because the grill will do that. First hand experience and recommendations are appreciated!

I bought 2 of these back in March and they were $12 each. Winco is a big restaurant supply company.

Winco Cast Iron Steak Weight, 5.25-Inch by 9-Inch https://a.co/d/8K9tHkO

I like them because they are a bit bigger than most. I use one on my Weber Genesis II E325 and one on my Broilmaster P3 at our beach house.
They are excellent.

Can't speak to the press but I can tell ya 4-5 years of Victoria cast iron and hundreds upon hundreds of pounds of meat cooked --- they season well and work great! Good luck!

Back