Soliciting thoughts- 2019 DRW F350 stolen (salvage but clear title)

We will see. I broke a lot of my own "rules" on this one. What I liked was the clear title, Texas its whole life, one owner, dealer maintained, and lower miles.

I just had a heart attack when I looked at the wholesale aftermarket cost for the left rear tailight. If this truck has blind spot monitor, the left tailight is $950 USD. OUCH.....

What do you plan to do about the bed? The right side looks like a dinosaur took a bite out of it.

What do you plan to do about the bed? The right side looks like a dinosaur took a bite out of it.
Depends. Most likely course of action is to buy a complete replacement bed. I am focused now on the picture of the dash, why both hazard lights are fully lit, and what the S means in the lower right hand corner of the dash.

You bring up a great question about the bed, becuase with a salvage title, except a Oregon salvage title, one likely could not pass inspection to get a rebuilt title (required to license in 49 states), without the bed being repaired. With a clear title, one can leaglly drive with zero issue to the body damage.

I can drive with a big hole in the bed. I have no pride.......

Gents- a few supplemental updates.

Have the carfax on the truck. One owner, Ford dealer maintained. 53k miles. Owner was from Sweeny TX, first name was David.

Not enough miles to match well for being a hotshot. Truck was last serviced (oil and filter) at Yaklin Ford, Richwood TX on 2 NOV 2022. Truck was reported stolen on 15 DEC 2022. I don't have a recovery date but I sense it as in APR/MAY 2023. Total miles driven from the last oil change to recovery was about 3,500 miles- so not a candidate for the thief using the truck as "hotshot" Truck was also "safety checked" annually in Sweeny, TX. No information points that this truck was used for commercial use.

And for note- I did win the auction. Something i am not sure I am thrilled with. This is a clear/ cleaned titled vehicle. So the Seller, Texas Farm Bureau insurance did not deem the truck a total loss. Yet, the reserve on the truck was low. I will tenatively fly out this Thursday to retrieve the truck. I also bought a flight home Friday night, in case I can't get the truck road worthy.
We were talking about the 300,000+ miles Ram as a hot shot truck.

Depends. Most likely course of action is to buy a complete replacement bed. I am focused now on the picture of the dash, why both hazard lights are fully lit, and what the S means in the lower right hand corner of the dash.

You bring up a great question about the bed, becuase with a salvage title, except a Oregon salvage title, one likely could not pass inspection to get a rebuilt title (required to license in 49 states), without the bed being repaired. With a clear title, one can leaglly drive with zero issue to the body damage.

I can drive with a big hole in the bed. I have no pride.......
Beds are easy, and affordable. Check out the nearest commercial upfitter for flat beds and/or service bodies. Lots of them out there.

Reactions: GON
Not sure if same color, but the price is not bad at all.

That is a great question, one I am debating. Put 60,100 on the new title, or 53,321 on the new title and have carfax shoot up star clusters as a "mileage rollback".
I meant are you going to drive it yourself for 7,500 miles so the odometer catches up to the title. Having it marked not actual is going to cut the value whenever you sell it

Try Nelson Truck. Corporate is in Kent. Let me do some digging, there are quite a few in your area.

what the S means in the lower right hand corner of the dash.
That is just the compass.

Here is mine, happens to be facing south also

IMG_1324.jpeg

Did you read their lousy feedback? Just buy another one that's wrecked in the front for the parts. Bed, interior, all the other little bits that add up fast.

Just a heads up GON, there is a bunch of electrical connectors right in front of rear bumper(silly spot for them). If they become damaged or even get water in them it’s a known issue the truck will do all kinds of funny things.

S is just the compass direction - shows on both the dash with the digital inset like this truck has and on the radio when in the Ford Sync screens.

• Helpful
Just a data point only. This is what Black Book values as of today a 2019 F350 DRW. I like Black Book as it tracks auction sales on a daily basis- so the data is "as of today". What is total nuts is used retail today is around what the truck likely sold for as new in 2019.

black book 2018 F350.jpg

Not sure the Blackbook has much bearing on a truck sitting in the junkyard that will require $15,000.00 (at least) to get back on the road.

Subscribing to this one for future updates. It looks like it was driven through a wire fence on the right side. Maybe used to smuggle illegals across the border? I am hopeful that’s the case and it wasn’t some engine issue and the owner had it stolen to get out from some $30,000 engine/emissions repair that wasn’t covered under warranty.

• Helpful
Also, why are the fender emblems for an F-250? Missing the right side cab clearance light too, check for leaks.

• Wow
Also, why are the fender emblems for an F-250?
Rh, I am starting to think the truck may have been stripped much more than the pics show, and then put back together with a hodgepodge of parts.

The only hope is the insurer did not deem a total loss by the state of Texas statues. At the same time, the reserve price was much lower than I speculated.

Rh, I am starting to think the truck may have been stripped much more than the pics show, and then put back together with a hodgepodge of parts.

The only hope is the insurer did not deem a total loss by the state of Texas statues. At the same time, the reserve price was much lower than I speculated.

Hopefully, just the auction place spruced it up a little to enhance it. Similar to how copart does it and listed as an "enhanced" vehicle. But what you describe is definitely something that happens and probably often. Should be easy to figure out. Probably just because of who the seller is, you're ok.

Back