So I bought a car. Pics inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: JTK
Nice looking Cruze! Was it a one owner? Looks clean.

I too would do a d/f on the trans ASAP.

Not sure if it's a one owner car, but I do plan on getting to the transmission when it's warmer. I'm still debating on if I should use DexronVI or Maxlife or something like Amsoil

I don't see a reason to not use Dex 6.

I bought 10 quarts of Supertech DexronVI on Walmart website and will be shipped to store for pickup by the end of next week. I was going to explore other fluid options but I couldn't pass up the price at 3.50 per quart.

I haven't seen a single quart of DexronVI on the shelf at Walmart in store, it's always out of stock.

Also I need to do two drain and fills to get most of the old fluid before I decide if I want to use Amsoil fuel efficient ATF or something else.

I almost bought a CPO (and ALL; TSBs, recalls, whatever already done) manual RS version of that car (same year, ~60K miles) in that burnt orange metallic color (don't know the official Chevy name) at the local Chevy dealer about two years ago.

IF I could have found some decent financing deal for a previously owned ride, I would be driving it now.
(Ford offered me ZERO down, ZERO % for 72 months for the brand new Fiesta ST, which on my VERY fixed income was a better monthly payment deal than anything I found for the used Cruze, plus a full factory warranty period of course.)

But your car is beautiful (ALWAYS liked that year/gen's style the MOST of any of them!), CONGRATS and ENJOY!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back