So I bought a car. Pics inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: dishdude
A heck of a lot better than the Taurus...

I dunno.... the newer model Taurii (less than 10 years old) are really nicely made cars.

Agreed, but there was another thread where OP was looking at a jelly bean Taurus.

The '13 1.4/M6 I bought new now has 110K on it and I still like it a lot. Use full syn and change it often (7,500 max, preferably less) if you want to keep the turbo together. Check for any outstanding recalls, too - they were still working out a few bugs in '12.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Looks great! Those are great for tall people, for the front seats. I test drove one once and the front seats went realllly far back, i usually have seats scooted all the way back in cars but not the one I test drove.

Agreed. Well designed in that regard.

Congrats! We tried to find a Cruze (priced right with less than 80,000 miles) last fall, but kept coming up empty handed.

I stumbled across a really good deal on a 2011 Fusion SE (dude went out and bought a new Jeep without clearing it with the wife, and he thought he'd keep the Fusion as well... but his wife had a different idea). He needed a quick sale, and I had cash.

I wasn't sure if I'd find a Cruze before winter set in. Still want one though.

Will definitely be using synthetic oil in it. So far its at 51k miles and 1600 gallons fuel used as I guess the previous owner never reset that or its a lifetime gauge in the information center.

I guess since it's a European based engine that means the Mahle OX401D should be the best filter choice. The Rockauto ac delco filter might be re boxed oem filter too it says marked Hengst

Originally Posted By: 4WD

They are easy on gas, hard on oil, and real hard on ATF.
If you have no record of ATF drain … just do it … that first drain might look like used motor oil. Mine takes 10mm for engine oil … get a good six point wrench … they have an over sized flange and folks over torque and a 12 point can round the head.
The ATF should be 11mm … it’s more of an NPT thread. Mine drains 4 quarts Dex VI on my ramps. I’d buy 6 quarts and then measure what you drain …

I wonder if that transmission is the joint venture one between GM & Ford, it seems like that it is. We have the 6F35 in our 2.3 EB Explorer. It's supper easy to change the ATF. Just do it when it's "cold" to get an accurate measure of how much to refill. The one in the Explorer drained out ~3.8 quarts cold. Also it's probably a good idea to use Dexos 1 gen 2 oil as I believe these Ecotech engines are more prone to LSPI.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
The windows look pretty dark. I'd probably make it about 3 miles before getting pulled over for that here.

They're not that dark in person. We have fairly relaxed tint laws here, the front two windows are allowed to be 35% and rear and back windows can be 18%

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Congrats! Did you trade in the old Altima?

No haha that thing is a beater I wouldn't have even tried. I'm trying to sell it on Craigslist

If the interior is decent I'd post some pics of that and place those in your ad. The Cruze is a HUGE upgrade! You have it priced right since it's a runner.

Nice looking Cruze! Was it a one owner? Looks clean.

I too would do a d/f on the trans ASAP.

Originally Posted By: JTK
Nice looking Cruze! Was it a one owner? Looks clean.

I too would do a d/f on the trans ASAP.

Not sure if it's a one owner car, but I do plan on getting to the transmission when it's warmer. I'm still debating on if I should use DexronVI or Maxlife or something like Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back