So are we going to have an "official" XenForo issue/complaint area?

I lost my original name, I had to make up another one. How can i get my old one back. It kept stating that there was no account with that name when I tried to log in. I use the same email.

Well...your name wasn’t lost, but you had to use the original email with which you created your account...NOT the username.

Using that email, you select “reset password “, and then you’re back in.

Since you created a new account, you’re going to have to send a PM to Wayne to have him merge your old account and new account, please include your old username, new user name and old email in that message.

Please note that private messages are now called “communication”. Tap on the name of the members with whom you wish to start that “communication” and it works just like private message did before.

I think there needs to be a sticky for all of these "lost my account" posts ! :oops:
I think that’s a good idea.

Even though Wayne explained the necessary steps in multiple sticky posts, a sticky post with that exact title would draw the user’s attention, when they didn’t see or read Wayne’s stickies...

Last edited:
I do think the likes should go away, or have dislikes.

Dislikes can be way more abused in a totally negative way ... so not good IMO. We can't even "bicker" much around here (no negativity), so what's it going to be like when people abuse a dislike button. Just because a like button is there doesn't mean it will always be clicked by everyone.

I don't understand why we can't just have Avatars, the placeholder looks weird, some people have them (and not just to donor and military) just turn them on and let people have them.

Yes, the black squares all over the place where there should be an Avatar looks strange and makes the board look incomplete.

Dark theme is pretty OK, I had the old one set to "marshmellow". IMO Dark is too dark and everything else is too bright... can I just have something greyish and melancholy like in your spare time :LOL:

I use the dark theme on a couple other chat boards, and they aren't quite as dark looking as this one. It would be cool if the user could adjust the level of darkness, but I doubt any chat board has that functionality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned this before and Wayne changed it to 30 for everyone but appears to have reverted that. I'd like the option for each person to select the number, not necessarily a site-wide setting that some will like and some won't. I know it's possible with XF but it may be add-on s/w.
It was never changed for posts, it has always been 20, the sub-form thread list is 30.
I agree it needs to be a user option.

Yes, the black squares all over the place where there should be an Avatar looks strange and makes the board look incomplete.
I think this is being worked on. Wayne did say no custom avatars would be allowed 😞 but members might be able to select from a list of 'generic' avatars.

Well...your name wasn’t lost, but you had to use the original email with which you created your account...NOT the username.

Using that email, you select “reset password “, and then you’re back in.

Since you created a new account, you’re going to have to send a PM to Wayne to have him merge your old account and new account, please include your old username, new user name and old email in that message.

Please note that private messages are now called “communication”. Tap on the name of the members with whom you wish to start that “communication” and it works just like private message did before.

This information should be highly visible on here instead of buried on page 9. I wasted an hour trying different ways to login then made a second account to post a complaint (which you can't do until the new account is approved)

This information should be highly visible on here instead of buried on page 9. I wasted an hour trying different ways to login then made a second account to post a complaint (which you can't do until the new account is approved)

I agree.

Which is why Wayne put his post about the upcoming migration at the top of the new topics for over a week had that detail. Top post. For a week.

Which is why we just made Wayne’s migration post a sticky, and placed at the top of this section.

Top thread. First post. Directions on using email and requesting a reset.

I agree.

Which is why Wayne put his post about the upcoming migration at the top of the new topics for over a week had that detail. Top post. For a week.

Which is why we just made Wayne’s migration post a sticky, and placed at the top of this section.

Top thread. First post. Directions on using email and requesting a reset.

Again, not very useful for someone sporadically logging in and being unable to.

Top thread. First post. “Please Read”.

Not good enough?

mmmmkay....

Last edited:
I'm not sure why the software seems to have pulled the original registered e-mail address vs the currently in use... that makes no sense. I'm sure Wayne is buried in those request.

I'm not sure why the software seems to have pulled the original registered e-mail address vs the currently in use... that makes no sense. I'm sure Wayne is buried in those request.
It’s a database thing.

The “surface” (username, avatars, and new emails) was able to be changed but the “root” of the accounts was the original email used to create the account.

We didn’t expect so many folks to have outdated/stale email addresses, but there wasn’t a better way around this when the migration was done.

Is there a "print entire thread" function? I seem to remember that it used to be there. If not, what I'd really like, is to save a thread onto my hard drive, and I suppose it would be easiest if it were all one long page, to save to PDF. As long as I could get a thread to display in one long page, I could take care of the rest.

To forum mods/admins: is this thread basically a migration complaint thread? If so, I'll post this question in its own thread, and just delete this one, so others can see what answer there is.

Last edited:
How else could it be communicated ? Send a letter by mail, call people ?

I was under the impression that an email was sent to every registered board member describing the migration, but a lot of people never received that email (including me), even though it was sent to the same email address they were registered with. I just happened to see the sticky thread here about the migration, so I got back logged on OK.

But it's no surprise that some people were caught off guard because not everyone even knows this forum exists and probably never even look here, especially if they hardly come here to read and participate.

Last edited:
Is there a "print entire thread" function? I seem to remember that it used to be there. If not, what I'd really like, is to save a thread onto my hard drive, and I suppose it would be easiest if it were all one long page, to save to PDF. As long as I could get a thread to display in one long page, I could take care of the rest.

To forum mods/admins: is this thread basically a migration complaint thread? If so, I'll post this question in its own thread, and just delete this one, so others can see what answer there is.

On the old board software, you could put ' /all ' at the end of the thread and it would print to PDF (using appropriate PDF tool) as one super long thread. I just tried that here with the new software, but can't get it to show all pages as one long thread in print mode. I can PDF print each page though.

Back