So are we going to have an "official" XenForo issue/complaint area?

On other XF boards, if you type anything into this text box and then leave the page/site (by accident, close your browser by mistake, etc), it saves the text so when you come back, you don't have to re-type anything.

I presumed it was a default setting but it's not working here. Any idea ? Mostly just curious though....

On other XF boards, if you type anything into this text box and then leave the page/site (by accident, close your browser by mistake, etc), it saves the text so when you come back, you don't have to re-type anything.

I presumed it was a default setting but it's not working here. Any idea ? Mostly just curious though....
It was working for me here the other day, and today it isn't. Weird.

I was having that on a Mercedes thread the other day and it was confusing me.

How long does it wait before saving ?

That ^^ was a test and it did work. Problem is, I had to type that then wait.... watching the floppy disk icon. I just happened to catch the green light come on. Then off - it went away. If you miss it, you wouldn't know it saved it. No chance of having the green indicator remain on ? Well, that doens't necessarily work either because you won't know if new text you type is saved then.

What about decreasing the save time frequency ? It seems like it is maybe 30+ seconds ? I'm not going to properly time it though.

Draft auto save frequency is set to 60 seconds. Is there any need to have it save more often?

Draft auto save frequency is set to 60 seconds. Is there any need to have it save more often?

I would say yes, as a lot can be typed in 60 seconds. Would it impact the board performance if it was set to 20 or 30 seconds?

This might be a bug. I reference this thread.

On the last post a uoa was attached and in the box it says “click to expand”. All good until I want to move away from that and I cannot. I’m on a iPhone. The screen won’t scroll back up so I have to tap the top of my browser screen to get the back arrow and go back a page.

I hope this is clear. Maybe others have experienced this?

ever since the change over every time I want to log in here I have to reset my password, even though i correctly put in the password it won't let me log in unless I reset the password.

frustrating.

ever since the change over every time I want to log in here I have to reset my password, even though i correctly put in the password it won't let me log in unless I reset the password.

frustrating.

You’re the only example of this that I’ve heard. Please message Wayne directly and have him look at your account. Log in for me, personally, has been seamless once my password was reset.

You’re the only example of this that I’ve heard. Please message Wayne directly and have him look at your account. Log in for me, personally, has been seamless once my password was reset.
There is nothing unusual about his account and this is the first I'm hearing of this. Possibly the browser isn't updating the cached password? Try removing the cached password from the browser.

Well I figured it out.

My log in name was black_thunder which is no longer listed anywhere in my profile etc. It says JK for some reason only and I now have to log in with my email instead of username.

Why did the username change?

Well I figured it out.

My log in name was black_thunder which is no longer listed anywhere in my profile etc. It says JK for some reason only and I now have to log in with my email instead of username.

Why did the username change?
Because Xenforo uses your UBB display name and does not use your UBB username.

This is something small but I notice it when it's missing is when the OP of a long thread replies, it shows that the specific person is the original poster/thread starter. Maybe it's subtle and I'm missing it but that is a nice feature to have on.
This is what it looks like on another Xenforo forum I use...
Screenshot_120.png

I think this is being worked on. Wayne did say no custom avatars would be allowed 😞 but members might be able to select from a list of 'generic' avatars.

This is my main complaint still. Being able to upload an avatar would be a huge visual improvement. Perhaps a delay before they go live to allow moderators to approve in an effort to maintain site decorum.

This is something small but I notice it when it's missing is when the OP of a long thread replies, it shows that the specific person is the original poster/thread starter. Maybe it's subtle and I'm missing it but that is a nice feature to have on.
This is what it looks like on another Xenforo forum I use...
View attachment 26028
Yes I would love that feature. When scrolling in long posts it’s easy to forget who the OP is.

Back