Snow is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She left the TelePrompTer the other day and sat on a panel …
OMG … stutter, sputter, and hand off the questions to a grownup

Originally Posted by Danno
Originally Posted by csandste
New climate= no spring, no fall. Just blistering heat and numbing cold.

Move to Northern Ontario, been a gorgeous fall, mid-to high 60s to low 70s for the past few weeks, and more of the same through October.
Fall around here is great, what follows, not so much.

Trips to Duluth-Thunder Bay and Montreal-Quebec City-Ottawa broke up the nasty St Louis summer.

Last edited:
you can keep the snow and cold but the sad thing is I know its on its way here all to soon

Originally Posted by atikovi
That's got to be some kind of record, at least in the lower 48 for earliest snow. I read they could get up to 4 feet in places. Must be a global warming thing.

Not even close to a record for earliest snow.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Maybe during the ice age?

Snow in the northern US portion of the Rockies is pretty normal by late August.

Originally Posted by irv
Originally Posted by PimTac

That's what Greta the Grinch says. I'm still waiting for that Silent Spring that was talked about in the Sixties.

Yep, nothing but doom and gloom for what seems like forever now. Sure glad I haven't been in hiding all this time waiting for the earth to end.

lol.gif

Sounds wonderful. It's 95° today here in Nashville with high humidity and it's supposed to be all week. Won't get a break until Friday, when it's supposed to get down into the mid-80s.

Everyone here is really looking forward to cooler temps.

Yep.. last night was chilly and it's in the 40's right now. There's snow falling in parts of the Cascades (Mt St. Helen's is in my backyard) and higher foothills. Some areas are forecast to see some freezing (black) ice tonight (it's supposed to rain today and get into the low 30's tonight)

Originally Posted by irv

That's what Greta the Grinch says. I'm still waiting for that Silent Spring that was talked about in the Sixties.

Yep, nothing but doom and gloom for what seems like forever now. Sure glad I haven't been in hiding all this time waiting for the earth to end.

At least she's doing something positive with her life and not smoking crack or drinking Four Loko's at some skate park. No reason to troll a child...grow up.

Last edited:
She put herself on the global stage. She has to learn to accept both the positive and negative.

She has obviously been brainwashed. I'll check back with you in eight years when the earth supposedly is going to kill us all according to her.

She put herself on the global stage. She has to learn to accept both the positive and negative.

She has obviously been brainwashed. I'll check back with you in eight years when the earth supposedly is going to kill us all according to her.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by irv

At least she's doing something positive with her life and not smoking crack or drinking Four Loko's at some skate park. No reason to troll a child...grow up.

Can't have anything thing nice like a shot of mountain with snow because you idiots turn it political.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Can't have anything thing nice like a shot of mountain with snow because you idiots turn it political.

Don't lump me into this garbage. I didn't turn it political, it was turned political by others. In fact I'm arguing to keep the thread clean, that these comments (trolling a child) have no place here...and fwiw, i've received bans for far less than this....

Last edited:

I'm more concerned by 'adults' who use children to push an agenda and shill their messages. Just so when someone inevitably has a concern with said agenda, they can make statements like "No reason to troll a child...grow up."...

Last edited:
Ya'll can keep that white fecal matter up there. Still in the 90's here-spent a couple days at Orange Beach enjoying the Gulf. Took the catamaran out on Thursday and got to see loads of dolphins. Spent today catching up around the house, including spending plenty of time in and around the pool.

Originally Posted by 02SE

I'm more concerned by 'adults' who use children to push an agenda and shill their messages. Just so when someone inevitably has a concern with said agenda, they can make statements like "No reason to troll a child...grow up."...

Dude, you're totally reaching.. that makes no sense at all. Why does she have to be a shill? How is it inappropriate for a young adult to be interested in what the adults of their generation are doing to the planet they'll eventually inherit? I think the problem with adults such as yourself is they're jealous that young people can be so woke these days, when your big goal at her age was just trying to skid marks off your underwearshorts.... (seriously, how many world leaders have you met..or speeches at the U.N. have you given at any age much less at hers??)

You're not being critical of her politics, you're just being mean. And being mean towards a kid just because you can impresses nobody other than knuckle dragger's.

You're an adult, you can do better...or maybe you can't.

Fwiw I'm not some tree hugger lest you've forgotten the topic of this forum. I just don't get how adults allow themselves to get worked over about things a kid says.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE

Dude, you're totally reaching.. that makes no sense at all. Why does she have to be a shill? How is it inappropriate for a young adult to be interested in what the adults of their generation are doing to the planet they'll eventually inherit? I think the problem with adults such as yourself is they're jealous that young people can be so woke these days, when your big goal at her age was just trying to skid marks off your underwearshorts.... (seriously, how many world leaders have you met..or speeches at the U.N. have you given at any age much less at hers??)

Typical. A personal attack. But definitely not with the intestinal fortitude to do it face-to-face...

The fact is that she didn't get there by herself to push an agenda. The question is who exactly paid for her to be there? Some adult with an agenda, who didn't have the guts to say their peace, and chose instead to use a child as a pawn. I guess the ploy works on some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back