skills to teach today's children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
What about ____ morals and values... ?

What do you do when pretty much all the other kids around them are learning a different thing?
example:
-cut the line
-the loudest mouth wins
-the one that pushes the most wins
-etc etc

don't you consider you are giving the kids a handicap since you are teaching them to follow the rules to the letter, when others don't?
. Teach them to NOT be one of a herd of sheep!

Put the [censored] phone DOWN and leave it ALONE when driving.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Something is not right when we have to ask questions like these on public forums.

Help me Spock.

MANNERS
RESPECT
TEAMWORK

Manners, Manners,Manners!!!

They are getting rare these days.

Originally Posted By: hemitruck
Money management
No such thing as a fee lunch
Nutrition
Not everyone gets a trophy
Work ethic.

^^That^^ and let me add = Stop complaining and do something, stop expecting others to do it for you!

Teach them ...
That the world does not revolve around them; that it does not owe them anything; that hard work will (usually) be rewarded, but not always, and that should not deter them from the effort; everyone has rights, but none trump another's; while technology puts the world at our fingertips, it is not acceptable to bury your face in your phone (especially whilst driving).

Last edited:
*Hard work, Risk and reward.
*Empathy
* understanding and taking in all points of view
* questioning things in appropriate manner
* my eldest working on methods to kindly/subtlety manipulate people into swinging things in their direction

Given the general profile of mmembers on this site, I would've thought teaching them OCD would be a top priority.

You are a valuable member of society but the Sun doesn't rise and set because of you. Actions have consequences. The sooner you come to understand that you are the "they", the better off you will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back