sk tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I work at a workshop for a truck crain/mobile crain company, and mostly, i am the one ordering tools. Our tools supplyer startet selling Sk tools. Since i have very little experience with it myself, and since it is a US brand. I thouht There must be some of the Nice People here Who knows, if it is any good.

So far we have bin using a combination of stahlwille,hazet, beta and knipex tools. Those are all very good, but also very expensive. The Sk tools are about half the prise of the others.

Anyone here Who knows if they are up the the job?

Thanks, and a Nice weekend to You all. :)

Søren

I have a good amount of SK and really like them. Some have reported that when the SK company went between owners, there were some hiccups in-between, but Ive never had issues.

I personally like their ratchets for heavy use better than other brands. For finessing, the 72 or 80 tooth snap-on can't be beat (IMO) in 1/4" drive... but I prefer SK for a lot of stuff.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I have a good amount of SK and really like them. Some have reported that when the SK company went between owners, there were some hiccups in-between, but Ive never had issues.

I personally like their ratchets for heavy use better than other brands. For finessing, the 72 or 80 tooth snap-on can't be beat (IMO) in 1/4" drive... but I prefer SK for a lot of stuff.

The only experience with Sk tools actually was a socket set. And i think it was pretty good and strong. The tool supplyer showed me some wrenches and they seem a bit clumbsy or bulk. But that really does not matter when getting to the bigger siges.

The new Ideal owned and produced SK tools are very very good. Also look at Wright tools, they are more on the heavy industry side and may be more suited to your needs. Wright is all USA made as well. Others that come to mind are Armstrong and Proto which are both USA made industrial hand tool manufacturers.

Originally Posted By: Thax
The new Ideal owned and produced SK tools are very very good. Also look at Wright tools, they are more on the heavy industry side and may be more suited to your needs. Wright is all USA made as well. Others that come to mind are Armstrong and Proto which are both USA made industrial hand tool manufacturers.

Sounds great with the SK tools,i doubt the other brands you mention is available here. But maybe i should see if i could find them.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

+1... The best socket set in my chest. I have only 1/2 drive, however, so can't speak for the 3/8 or 1/4", but the set I have has certainly taken a beating and keeps performing. I'd say... 25 years and counting?

I bought a 3/8 socket set in 1968. It's been abused with a pipe extension at times and it's still going strong.

I didnt notice your location when I replied to your posting. I do know that Wright distributes internationally , not sure about Armstrong or Proto. SK makes a great product , they are geared more towards the automotive maintenance industry . If you need larger and or heavy duty tools look towards a industrial tool manufacturer. If your requirements are 3/4 drive and or 30mm wrench size and above I would look to Wright as they are geared more towards that specialty. SK and Wright tools are what fill my toolbox and have never let me down. You can buy and use either with confidence , hope my rambling helped.

Wright tool is available in Denmark

INTERNATIONAL TOOLS AGENCY A/S
Claus Glimsager
Vaevergangen 22C, DK-2690 Karlslunde
Karlslunde, Roskilde
Denmark
Phone: 011-45 5614 0926
Fax: 011-45 5614 7926
Email: [email protected]

All of my sockets are either Wright or S-K, use either with confidence
DSC00002.JPG

Originally Posted By: 1foxracing
Wright tool is available in Denmark

INTERNATIONAL TOOLS AGENCY A/S
Claus Glimsager
Vaevergangen 22C, DK-2690 Karlslunde
Karlslunde, Roskilde
Denmark
Phone: 011-45 5614 0926
Fax: 011-45 5614 7926
Email: [email protected]

All of my sockets are either Wright or S-K, use either with confidence
DSC00002.JPG

Thanks a lot. :)

I will try to call them and see what they can offer at what prices. The Wright stuff seems good since we use alle sizes from 5 to 85 mm.

Nice tool box by the way.

Last edited:
No problem, Wright should have you covered even in the larger sizes. I know they make up to 80mm wrenches and sockets even larger.
The largest I have in Wright wrenches is 70mm
DSC00001.JPG

Looks great. Is is flat or round handle? A bit Hard to see on the pic. Is it crome or satin finish?

It is very nice off you all to help. :)

The 70mm is flat stem with a satin finish, here it is with a 6mm on top to show the profile better.
DSC00024.JPG

Their smaller wrenches up to 36mm are available in either satin or fully polished.
I own both sets.
DSC00017.JPG

If you want 1/2 drive 6 point sockets in Chrome Wright tool doesn't make them ( they do in 12 point though) and that's why I went with S-K for those.
DSC00010.JPG

Nice collection You got there.

I prefer sockets in 6 point and in crome. Wrenches i prefer in satin finish because of better grip when slippery.

I prefer ratchets in round head style, my favorites is Facom and Beta. Do Wright make that style ratchet?

Looks good. I will follow up on this thread when i have talked with the dealer here. If the price is low, it looks good.

Do you have any experience with the brands i have mention earlyer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back