MiddleGround Capital to Acquire Starrett Tools!!!!!!

The transaction is expected to close in mid-2024, subject to the requisite approval by Starrett’s shareholders and other conditions to closing.

So are Starrett tools now a hard pass? Or hoard as many as you can.? I think we all know what will happen to USA made Starrett tools.... See SK.

They are always sought after at real estate auctions.

My dad served as a Tool and Die maker for 30 years under Skilled Trades, so did my Uncles, and machinist talked highly about Starrett tools. Especially their small squares and Last Word indicators. Two worked for the largest independent maker of water and fuel pumps, and one for Blaw Knox Pavers.

I love my Starrett micrometers, squares, dial indicators, etc.

My Starrett combination square is my go to for fine woodworking.

I’m deeply concerned by this.

Might be time to grab a spare combination square…

At least there is still Mitutoyo…

I’d be concerned. Usually these things aren’t done for the good of the country and the industrial base. They’re done to pillage a name.

What a shame, Has a buyout like this ever been a good thing?.....Maybe Milwaukee, They were about to go under because lack of innovation, There's only so many corded Sawzall's you can sell.

The Starrett loyal aren't going to like offshore production.

What a shame, Has a buyout like this ever been a good thing?.....Maybe Milwaukee, They were about to go under because lack of innovation, There's only so many corded Sawzall's you can sell.

The Starrett loyal aren't going to like offshore production.
The purchase price represents an approximately 63% premium to the closing stock price of the company’s stock on March 8, the last trading day prior to announcing the transaction.

If you held stock it was................

When it's all about money....The race to the bottom ensues. I have a Starrett dial bore gauge that belonged to my grandfather, Bought in the mid 60's.....Still use it today.
With that being said....I'm not a machinist, So buying new Starrett stuff doesn't make much sense, Mitutoyo serves me well.

Sadly, it's inevitable. Mitutoyo has been on their heels for years if not decades.

It sure will be sad, though, if they go the way of SPI or Fowler and just become a previously-great name on Chinese junk.

I inherited a fairly complete set of Starred inside and outside micrometers plus several dial indicators, one reading to 0.0001". Quality measuring tools. Ed

Back