Sidebysides have 4 cylinders now.

The new RZR Pro R has a 4 cylinder 2.0L NA engine with 225hp and the top model is around $40K. Of course the game will change now, and the HP wars will begin with CanAm etc.

They presold 400 of the $40K units and i think i read where they sold out in 90 seconds.

Before you think about complaining about the price.. Almost everyone will customize these to their own likings, and spend another $10-$20K in doing so. Stereos, LED lights, coolers, accessories, winches, bumpers, etc.

Also some of these guys have $80K pickups and $80K toy haulers and even buy camps in my state to ride.

I have zero issue with this. Plenty of people are into classic cars, exotic cars, harleys, boats, airplanes, jacked up trucks etc.

I live about 10 miles from the nearest Hatfield McCoy trail in WV. I see trucks and trailers pulling from many states to ride here in Wild Wonderful WV. I see Jeeps, Dune Buggies, Sidebysides.. god awful amounts of money spent to enjoy the beauty of my state. Alot of guys buy camps here as well.

I had tons of fun as a kid on a one lunger 250cc 4 wheeler without suspension, i just sold a 2019 RZR Turbo that had more power and suspension than i could ever use.. I cant imagine a 4 cylinder.. or what is to come. (supposedly a 5 speed stick in the floor).

Depends on where you ride as to whats enough power and suspension - I dune in deep sand with huge hills so too much both is just about enough.

Polaris gets nothing right the first try so Id let somebody take the beach on this and hang back a year, they never did get the clutch right forcing me to spend 5K (I recall) on an aftermarket STM roller bearing clutch.

Beside- mine is cooler that that already.

IMG_1863.jpeg

Do you feel the same about motorcycles?
Do motorcycles have steel tubing over them to where your head could fly into or to where it could trap you in the event of an accident?

Anyone with common sense while operating an exposed vehicle that is on public roads over pavement along with other motorists should feel heavily obliged to wear protective gear. But people typically aren't going to go out of their way to wear helmets and gear in an enclosed off road vehicle since they expect it to be safer except when the alcohol has its say. But i much prefer when they do wear gear and also have some basic safety features in such a vehicle that will be operated by morons. That's why i said no when he offered me a ride. No seatbelts and he was tipsy and my gut feeling probably saved me.

I don't blame the sxs by itself its a fast vehicle that is enclosed with tubing that doesn't have anything over it or has any kind of seatbelts standard. If it would've had at least foam on the steel tubes his brain might've sill been damaged a bit but he would've lived instead of bleeding out of his ears. If it has harnesses standard they would keep the body from flying out and hitting the tubes in the first place.

I saw my cousins son wreck his 4 wheeler but he flew onto soft dirt and grass and was fine other than being dizzy and some bruising. Eject into bare steel tubing and i couldn't say the same.

So do you feel the same about motorcycles?

imagine spending 40k on a stupid razr.

In 2018 i had a friend who had one and this was his a party at his ranch and him and the passenger were a bit drunk and the rzr driver/party host was going too fast and hit a hole and flipped the rzr and the passenger died on impact with the metal bar since his rzr didn't have any kind of seatbelt. Was depressing to watch a man die as someone tried to do cpr, his wife cry begging him to not die while his 3 kids were put inside the house so they couldn't watch. Yeah i ain't driving those menaces both to land and life especially for 40k ***.

hmm

They've all had harnesses since Ive been involved in them, but thats tragic.
You also have to wear helmets in them and any SXS under 1000CC in california (where I and my group ride most often)

You can get into stuff sub 20K and the top end is unlimited.

Making the factory stuff bitchin take a ton of dough, 40K is cheap compared to some of the rails out there.

IMG_5041.jpeg
IMG_5043.jpeg
IMG_5042.jpeg

hmm

They've all had harnesses since Ive been involved in them, but thats tragic.
You also have to wear helmets in them and any SXS under 1000CC in california (where I and my group ride most often)

You can get into stuff sub 20K and the top end is unlimited.

Making the factory stuff bitchin take a ton of dough, 40K is cheap compared to some of the rails out there.

View attachment 77319View attachment 77320View attachment 77321
Yeah the new ones have harnesses now which i like because it never seemed logical that a vehicle of that type, capability, and expected use didn't have them. He had an older one but got rid of it right after. Literally sprayed the blood off of it with a hose and sold it right after since his wife let him have it after the incident. Now a slow golf cart that's a different story. They usually wont be used in a way to where they'd be dangerous without seatbelts. That's why i don't mind them not having them and ride around in them.

Depends on where you ride as to whats enough power and suspension - I dune in deep sand with huge hills so too much both is just about enough.

Polaris gets nothing right the first try so Id let somebody take the beach on this and hang back a year, they never did get the clutch right forcing me to spend 5K (I recall) on an aftermarket STM roller bearing clutch.

Beside- mine is cooler that that already.

View attachment 77315

Good looking rig. People dont understand that there are guys that are into the rock and technical climbing, the guys into the dunes, the guys into the mud down south (have you seen the rigs with portals)?, i forgot about the rock bouncers as well.. those guys are NUTS!

We dont need to talk about Robbie Gordons UTV company https://speedutv.com/

The car was invented to take people from point A to point B. Sidebysides take people from point C to point D.

Yeah the new ones have harnesses now which i like because it never seemed logical that a vehicle of that type, capability, and expected use didn't have them. He had an older one but got rid of it right after. Literally sprayed the blood off of it with a hose and sold it right after since his wife let him have it after the incident. Now a slow golf cart that's a different story. They usually wont be used in a way to where they'd be dangerous without seatbelts. That's why i don't mind them not having them and ride around in them.

Weird. Even my honda odysseys had some belts.

I see far more actual carnage in golf cart wrecks because of lack any restraint - its the low speed tip over that breaks arms and legs.

Good looking rig. People dont understand that there are guys that are into the rock and technical climbing, the guys into the dunes, the guys into the mud down south (have you seen the rigs with portals)?, i forgot about the rock bouncers as well.. those guys are NUTS!

We dont need to talk about Robbie Gordons UTV company https://speedutv.com/

The car was invented to take people from point A to point B. Sidebysides take people from point C to point D.

Thanks. People are either into this sport or flat dont get it.

Huge scuttlebutt about the speed UTV.

Robby was my next door neighbor in parker. I like him and want him to succeed but he's got his work cut out for him.

I see far more actual carnage in golf cart wrecks because of lack any restraint - its the low speed tip over that breaks arms and legs.
true but they're ridden on flatter or smoother ground at low speeds like neighborhood streets or golf courses. Going fast makes it much easier to flip it over. slow not so much.

Guy at work (from Kern Co) showed me a horrible picture … his son and a group had really fast ATV’s but would take them to a shop that put racing harnesses in. One guy had a brand new one and decided to hit the trail with the gang before the new restraint was in. That picture showed his arm bones where the “meat” was all gone 😳

I knew when i posted this that there would be a percentage that says its a waste of money and a percentage that would complain about safety.

There is no end to discussions about wastes of money. People buy jewelry, travel the world, wear expensive suits, and yes people live in mansions and have vacation homes. Choppers are another example... some people have race cars.. dragsters.. drag bikes.. etc. I think i heard it best when someone said "Dont complain about the price, complain about your life decisions".

As far as the alcohol is concerned.. yes its gonna happen. Just go to any boat regatta, or drive by any biker bar.. "Play Stupid Games Win Stupid Prizes" is always in play.

For what its worth you can buy a motorcycle with a 454 V8.. and i think they even have supercharged ones.

- side note- Sidebysides can be legal to drive on the road in my state.. but i cant buy some cool european diesel cars because they dont pass emissions... how do sidebysides pass emissions?
Around here - I’m more worried about drunks in F350’s …

imagine spending 40k on a stupid razr.

In 2018 i had a friend who had one and this was his a party at his ranch and him and the passenger were a bit drunk and the rzr driver/party host was going too fast and hit a hole and flipped the rzr and the passenger died on impact with the metal bar since his rzr didn't have any kind of seatbelt. Was depressing to watch a man die as someone tried to do cpr, his wife cry begging him to not die while his 3 kids were put inside the house so they couldn't watch. Yeah i ain't driving those menaces both to land and life especially for 40k ***.
They must have bypassed the seat belts. Ours won't move unless you click them. That not the vehicles fault.

They must have bypassed the seat belts. Ours won't move unless you click them. That not the vehicles fault.
Theirs just didn't have any at all from the factory. Also I think Kira ment as in other people's private land since my farm is on a private road and we all pitch in to fix the dirt road we all share but we've had insufferable suburb slickers come to rip the road up and make a huge loud ruckus and at times harassing even my animals. Not even trying to pet them just blast the train horn on their spotless suburb residing mall crawler next to my goats and chickens. There are signs saying private road and no trespassing all over the place but those subhumans come anyway.

Theirs just didn't have any at all from the factory. Also I think Kira ment as in other people's private land since my farm is on a private road and we all pitch in to fix the dirt road we all share but we've had insufferable suburb slickers come to rip the road up and make a huge loud ruckus and at times harassing even my animals. Not even trying to pet them just blast the train horn on their spotless suburb residing mall crawler next to my goats and chickens. There are signs saying private road and no trespassing all over the place but those subhumans come anyway.
They come past my sighs and fences also. Not so much the off roaders as they seem to be somewhat understand and turn around at the signs. It's the cars,trucks and mother homes that ignore the signs

When we go to the offroad parks in PA there's a ton of them. Very popular for sure.

Even where our offroad club has land in the Tug Hill region of NY, there are a lot of them. Last time I was camping up there someone had a turbocharged 3 cylinder with what sounded like a traditional manual transmission. That thing sounded absolutely amazing. And whoever was driving was not afraid to ring it out! Heard him run through 4 gears before flying by my tent at what had to be triple digit speeds.

Seems they leave their brains when they drive these. Especially on tug.

Back