Several Fram filters on clearance shelf at walmart

Check your local Walmart clearance aisle...I just saw a few Fram air and oil filters for very low prices. $2.50 for air filters and $3.00 for this OG Fram Ultra! I haven't opened the package to check the date code but it looks to be 10ish years old.

20231021_100238.jpg

Thread title should include the store location, not just "at Walmart". These are almost always store-specific.

Thread title should include the store location, not just "at Walmart". These are almost always store-specific.
I've noticed the K&N and Supertech MP and some random Fram filters were on a clearance rack in my store recently, so it appears the stores that pulled them from the shelves but didn't clearance them several months ago are now clearancing them.

Was it sitting on the shelf in the store for 15 years?
Probably, I bought a few of that size from Meijer when they clearanced them out earlier this year and I got 2 of them that were old enough to be branded Xtended Guard but they were new enough (2009-2011) that they were the dual layer version that said upto 10,000mi on the box. The OPs box is probably from 2008 or before when they were still single layer and the efficiency was in between the Extra Guard and the Tough Guard.

Yeah this one is only good for up to 7k miles. I will probably just keep it as a novelty instead of using it. After all, I just bought 6 new filters for the Odyssey and really didn't need another...

Yeah this one is only good for up to 7k miles. I will probably just keep it as a novelty instead of using it. After all, I just bought 6 new filters for the Odyssey and really didn't need another...
One of my Xtended Guards was factory shrink wrapped and it's still sitting on the shelf, I think I'll just keep it for display, as I kind of like the last version of the Xtended Guard packaging better than any of the gaudy Ultra packaging that replaced it.

Back