Seen in the Wild. New Chevy Blazer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
15.gif

Originally Posted by exranger06
Originally Posted by Ws6
Looks almost exactly like my sister in law's 2014 Toyota Rav4...

I've seen both in person (not HERS, of course), and...huh? I just don't get that at all. Maybe in the same way her RAV looks like a Tesla X?

Like I said, it just looks exactly the same to me. They

Ran out of time to edit... They have the same squinty headlights, the same shape side windows that curve up right after the rear doors, and overall same shape body. They could've slapped some Toyota logos on it instead of Chevy logos and it would easily pass for a Rav4.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Looks almost exactly like my sister in law's 2014 Toyota Rav4...

I've seen both in person (not HERS, of course), and...huh? I just don't get that at all. Maybe in the same way her RAV looks like a Tesla X?

Like I said, it just looks exactly the same to me. They

Ran out of time to edit... They have the same squinty headlights, the same shape side windows that curve up right after the rear doors, and overall same shape body. They could've slapped some Toyota logos on it instead of Chevy logos and it would easily pass for a Rav4.

One of the first signs of getting old is saying all cars look alike!
grin2.gif

I just turned 31, so I don't think I'm that old yet. I don't see how anyone can think these don't look similar though...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sure they look similar, but the Blazer is much sharper and gets the details right. The beak on that Toyota is just butt ugly. The Blazer also kills it on the rear quarter styling, the crease from the belt line to the rear quarter, the wheels, the lower body cladding, the driving light bezels, blacked out A-pillar, hood shape, headlights, and more. There's no pic, but I've seen them both and the rear end treatment on the Blazer, like everywhere else, blows it away.

Now that I've looked more closely, I've changed my mind. They don't look similar, at all. The Blazer looks like something driven by someone with some passion for cars and styling. The Toyota looks like something driven by someone who needs something comfortable in which to go to CVS. The Toyota looks like the styling is about 5 or 6 years older than the Blazer, too, which it probably is. No comparison. I'd take the Blazer hands down.

I'm 50, by the way, so the first thing I'd recommend you to do is check your socks, then go on from there...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by IndyFan
I just turned 31, so I don't think I'm that old yet. I don't see how anyone can think these don't look similar though...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sure they look similar, but the Blazer is much sharper and gets the details right. The beak on that Toyota is just butt ugly. The Blazer also kills it on the rear quarter styling, the crease from the belt line to the rear quarter, the wheels, the lower body cladding, the driving light bezels, blacked out A-pillar, hood shape, headlights, and more. There's no pic, but I've seen them both and the rear end treatment on the Blazer, like everywhere else, blows it away.

Now that I've looked more closely, I've changed my mind. They don't look similar, at all. The Blazer looks like something driven by someone with some passion for cars and styling. The Toyota looks like something driven by someone who needs something comfortable in which to go to CVS. The Toyota looks like the styling is about 5 or 6 years older than the Blazer, too, which it probably is. No comparison. I'd take the Blazer hands down.

I'm 50, by the way, so the first thing I'd recommend you to do is check your socks, then go on from there...

The comparison should be with the latest update of the RAV4. That picture is old.

Edit to add link. https://www.toyota.com/rav4/

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
The comparison should be with the latest update of the RAV4. That picture is old.

Edit to add link. https://www.toyota.com/rav4/

I purposely chose a pic of a 2014 model, because as I said, the picture of the Blazer immediately reminded me of my sister in law's 2014 Rav4. And it shows that not only did GM copy Toyota (IMO), they didn't even copy a new Toyota, they copied a 5 year old one. It's true that the Blazer looks more updated, but it looks very similar to the Rav4. Like I said, it could easily pass as the next/latest generation Rav4.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Windshield rake
Roofline
Frong fascia

All 3 are radically different.

You need a vision exam. We have a 2014 RAV4 and it looks nothing like this Blazer. The rooflines are way different, the hood slopes away on the RAV and is flat with a power bulge on the Blazer, The RAV looks like something a wife would pick. She did. I call the look RoboMouse. It's been a fine cute ute so far, as you'd expect.

The 2016 refresh had squinty-er headlights and different fog light bezels but the rest is still the same.
[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back