Seen in the Wild. New Chevy Blazer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by 4WD
Ok … Grey metallic will likely look better

On contraire, that red is just about perfect. Just can't stand the recent trend of black wheels. Looks like wheels from the 70's after the wheel covers were stolen.

Agree!

Originally Posted by Burt
Originally Posted by spasm3
looks like a cross of a honda, and a mazda cx-5.

Cars have just been homogenous appliances for a some time. Vast majority are reliable and follow the pack styling. Not much you can do to trick up a CUV.

This. The last final admission of this was the "retro" fad that swept the big 3, which I only think the Dodge Challenger actually did justice to in the looks department. It was the final admission of "We got nothin' else to show you."

Originally Posted by exranger06
Looks almost exactly like my sister in law's 2014 Toyota Rav4...

I've seen both in person (not HERS, of course), and...huh? I just don't get that at all. Maybe in the same way her RAV looks like a Tesla X?

Can never have enough SUVs in the lineup. I think it's sharp and you can get a V6.[/quote]
Sadly, it's V6 isn't very powerful. They need an SS version with the LT1!

Last edited:
308 HP is not bad for a vehicle that size and most drivers -
I had a Canyon with a 5.3L V8 - and used to stare at the wires thinking they must terminate on spark plugs down there somewhere …
blush.gif

Not sure what the point is? GM has plenty of suv/cuv as it is. I was hoping for a suv on a Colorado frame with a V-8 option. Something smaller in size and price than a Tahoe.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
I had a Canyon with a 5.3L V8 - and used to stare at the wires thinking they must terminate on spark plugs down there somewhere …
blush.gif

Yeah, its a Honda Passport from GM. Yay?
They needed a real v8. Not a weak v6

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by 4WD
blush.gif

As long as you don't plan to service the thing - I'm sure some Bubba can stuff a V8 in there …

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by 4WD
blush.gif

How much power do you think a FWD economy car platform can handle? I'm amazed it has a V6 with over 300 HP.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by 4WD
blush.gif

How much power do you think a FWD economy car platform can handle? I'm amazed it has a V6 with over 300 HP.

If a dodge neon could be factory ordered with almost 400whp back in the mid 2000s....

Also, recall the Typhoon and Trailblazer SS? The TBSS had a 6.0L LS2 under the hood....

GM has done gone soft with this RS

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6

Also, recall the Typhoon and Trailblazer SS? The TBSS had a 6.0L LS2 under the hood...

Yes, I do...those were not FWD economy cars.

The names are cool though, maybe the next Typhoon could be an angry looking Trax with a big GMC badge and a 3.6?

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by 4WD
blush.gif

To be fair, almost everyone who buys one would never know the difference or care enough to need anything more than the base 193hp 4 banger, let alone 308.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by 4WD
blush.gif

To be fair, almost everyone who buys one would never know the difference or care enough to need anything more than the base 193hp 4 banger, let alone 308.

I beg to differ, I mean, it's sold as the "RS". The Tralblazer SS before it got a 400hp V8...c'Mon GM

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by 4WD
blush.gif

I beg to differ, I mean, it's sold as the "RS". The Tralblazer SS before it got a 400hp V8...c'Mon GM

We're enthusiasts, of course we want it and we'd use it! But then you have people like my wife, she never took the 300 above 2500rpm. "It's fast enough, why do you need to drive it hard? Be nice to the car!" she'd tell me
smirk2.gif
At least the kids understand

We're enthusiasts, of course we want it and we'd use it! But then you have people like my wife, she never took the 300 above 2500rpm. "It's fast enough, why do you need to drive it hard? Be nice to the car!" she'd tell me
smirk2.gif

Then a Honda Passport makes sense. The fact that it is faster than the Trailblazer RS is icing on the cake.

Originally Posted by Ws6

smirk2.gif

Then a Honda Passport makes sense. The fact that it is faster than the Trailblazer RS is icing on the cake.

I had to look up what that is... I like that far far better than the new Blazer. Also love the horsepower war going on... a 5.8 second 0-60 midsize crossover, what is not to love!

Originally Posted by Ws6

smirk2.gif

I had to look up what that is... I like that far far better than the new Blazer. Also love the horsepower war going on... a 5.8 second 0-60 midsize crossover, what is not to love!

Its handling is a tad sloppier than the Blazer RS, but in exchange it's about half a second faster to 60, and it's a Honda and has an NA V6 backed by a ZF transmission. I'd have a super hard time buying the Blazer instead of the Passport, if I were looked at that class of vehicle.

14.7 @ 95.5 is just fine for a V6 CUV … OEM's have to maintain CAFE - that is an average.
GM is not going to hurt it's large SUV market by putting V8's in the wrong vehicles

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by exranger06
Looks almost exactly like my sister in law's 2014 Toyota Rav4...

I've seen both in person (not HERS, of course), and...huh? I just don't get that at all. Maybe in the same way her RAV looks like a Tesla X?

Like I said, it just looks exactly the same to me. They

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back