Scored a new ride.

I scored a new 2023 FL5 Civic Type R in championship white. I wasn't really looking, but at the dealership where I bought my Accord and happen to be friends with the sales mgr. they had the car in the inventory where I stumbled upon it. I have not seen any of these cars in my city so I decided pull the trigger figuring there may never be a better chance. They had it for 8k over sticker and I got them to cut that in half. I hated having to pay anything over MSRP, but other owners are telling me 4k over is about as good a deal as I could expect to get.

Attachments

• 20230605_110805.jpg
    20230605_110805.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 142
So a seller on Cars & Bids admitted to paying 20k over for the CTR. His auction didn't come close to his reserve. Not sure what that guy thinking, but 20k over is in a whole other league to 4 over. I certainly wasn't thrilled to pay over sticker, but my son is grown with home of his own, I'm 61 and not getting any younger and it's only money. I've never bought or owned an "enthusiast" car mostly driving family sedans although my 2.0 Accord was fairly well kitted out.

So a seller on Cars & Bids admitted to paying 20k over for the CTR. His auction didn't come close to his reserve. Not sure what that guy thinking, but 20k over is in a whole other league to 4 over. I certainly wasn't thrilled to pay over sticker, but my son is grown with home of his own, I'm 61 and not getting any younger and it's only money. I've never bought or owned an "enthusiast" car mostly driving family sedans although my 2.0 Accord was fairly well kitted out.

Basically, it is "worth" what you paid. You did fine.

As with anything else, supply and demand dictates price.

And, as with anything else, there are other choices.

There are other enthusiast sport compact sedans/hatches out there that can be had for a lot less.

New WRXs, for example, are going for a couple of thousand less than MSRP. Not a Type R, but still a great car, and loaded with value for the price.

Congrats, OP! You bought an incredible car. Nothing else really like it, and Honda have had a chance to really sort it and refine it (their specialty, as everyone knows).

I *loved* my son’s 2018 civic sport with the 1.5T and 6MT. He sold it recently and I seriously considered having him trade my Lexus so I could keep the Honda. This breed of civics has a lot of things done right. The type R is in another league. enjoy the car, and congrats!

I *loved* my son’s 2018 civic sport with the 1.5T and 6MT. He sold it recently and I seriously considered having him trade my Lexus so I could keep the Honda. This breed of civics has a lot of things done right. The type R is in another league. enjoy the car, and congrats!
Wife had one. Also a 6MT. Hatchback. She bought it before we got married.

Sadly, some moron rearended her and totaled it.

Very useful car. We did our honeymoon road trip in it. Lotta fun on the backroads of WV, VA, NC and E. TN.

I scored a new 2023 FL5 Civic Type R in championship white. I wasn't really looking, but at the dealership where I bought my Accord and happen to be friends with the sales mgr. they had the car in the inventory where I stumbled upon it. I have not seen any of these cars in my city so I decided pull the trigger figuring there may never be a better chance. They had it for 8k over sticker and I got them to cut that in half. I hated having to pay anything over MSRP, but other owners are telling me 4k over is about as good a deal as I could expect to get.

Congrats!

Don't pay attention to all the naysayers on the over MSRP thing. If it's what you wanted and can afford it, go for it!

I paid a grand over original MSRP to get my very gently used 6 speed manual Tacoma. It was what I wanted and am happy, that's all that matters. It's actually still worth more than I paid for it since they had it discounted due to it sitting for 140+ days on the lot.

... since they had it discounted due to it sitting for 140+ days on the lot.

Right there is just about the only way to get a decent bargain anymore. The '18 Sierra that I bought last year had been on the lot for 4 months, and the dealer had just reduced the price on it by nearly 10% to stimulate some interest in it. Yeah, I gladly helped them out with their problem.

Right there is just about the only way to get a decent bargain anymore. The '18 Sierra that I bought last year had been on the lot for 4 months, and the dealer had just reduced the price on it by nearly 10% to stimulate some interest in it. Yeah, I gladly helped them out with their problem.

Yea apparently there's only a few twisted people that want to buy a manual Tacoma, contrary to what I thought. They even had a guy come a couple hours out of state to look at it and instantly left seeing it was a stick. Like did they even look at the pictures online? :ROFLMAO:

Back