school zone speed limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I had a similar person at the entrance to my subdivision yell at people whom she thought were speeding. When I had my Prelude I think the exhaust made it sound faster than it was. I wasn't in the mood one day and I was going under the 25mph limit. I heard her, stopped, and got out to let her know I was sick of her. It began to escalate so I had two choices. I chose to just get back in my car and continue on with life.

If you're not doing anything wrong, then who cares? Flip him off as you drive by if he yells at you again. He can't give you a ticket or anything.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
What is this "speed limit" of which you speak?

Since you can't typically exceed or even attain it in NYC, you needn't worry about it.

Unbelievably, the local government here spent a bunch of money to improve school speed zones. Schools used to just have signs indicating 25 mph during school hours from 7:00-4:30. They actually went to the trouble and expense to install yellow flashing lights at every school that activate when needed ie, during morning arrivals and pm departures. As a result, we can now drive the normal speed limit through these zones when the lights aren’t flashing during mid-day when the little urchins are in class.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
If you're not doing anything wrong, then who cares? Flip him off as you drive by if he yells at you again. He can't give you a ticket or anything.

It's probably not a good idea to get into it with some whackjob who thinks of himself as a human radar gun.

School crossing guards typically have zero authority, and often are a stay at home mom or retired dad or grand parent volunteering. Unless there is something in the state law or local ordinances giving them authority to do so, they can't even wave you down. They can usually only make you stop for the purpose of letting students cross the road, they cannot wave you down and lecture you about your driving. If they did I would notify the local PD's school liaison unit. Most school crossing guard programs are managed by the local agency of jurisdiction which usually has an officer or deputy assigned to work with them, or it's that school's liaison officer from same dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back