Royal Purple 10-48 C&P 4,800 miles

From my 2013 Silverado 1500 5.3L with 75,500 miles. 4,800 miles and 8 months with Mobil 1 0w-30 AFE. Replaced with Amsoil EaO17 and Mobil 1 0w-40 FS (SP).

IMG_3664.jpegIMG_3665.jpegIMG_3667.jpegIMG_3668.jpegIMG_3669.jpegIMG_3670.jpegIMG_3671.jpegIMG_3674.jpegIMG_3676.jpeg

I'm not a Royal Purple fan at all but I gotta say that is one of the best looking filters I have seen in a while.

Made by two different manufacturers though aren't they? Royal Purple by Champion Labs and Fram by Fram?
Don't know for sure. First Brands owns both Fram and Champion Labs, so hard to say exactly where each filter model is manufactured.

Don't know for sure. First Brands owns both Fram and Champion Labs, so hard to say exactly where each filter model is manufactured.
Both Fram and Champion Labs are owned by the same conglomerate now? I can't keep up with this stuff.

Champ Labs was acquired by Trico, and then Trico was acquired by First Brands, thereby also getting Champ Labs. Yeah, it's like a soap opera, lol.

I didn't think First Brands was an acquisition, I thought they just acquired a whole bunch of stuff and felt a rebrand was a good idea so they changed their name to First Brands. Not the first confusing chain of acquisitions in Fram's history, Bendix bought Fram in the 70s, Allied bought Bendix in the early 80s, shortly after Allied merged with Signal, then in 1999 Allied-Signal merged with Honeywell and took Honeywell's name.

I didn't think First Brands was an acquisition ...
Yes, First Brands was once named Trico (who is the parent company of many other brands) and acquired Fram ... that's when Motorking and others left Fram.

1700263148403.jpg

Yes, First Brands was once named Trico (who is the parent company of many other brands) and acquired Fram ... that's when Motorking and others left Fram.

View attachment 189050

I can't find anything about a First Brands that existed before the rebrand, it appears that First Brands Corporation was a "new" name not an acquisition, the only other First Brands I can find was what happened when Union Carbide auto products (STP, Prestone) was bought out in 1986, and that was then sold to Clorox in 1998, and it looks like ultimately those companies have ended up under Spectrum Brands which is owned by Energizer now and that First Brands trademark was abandoned. I can't find anything about Trico buying a First Brands, just that it rebranded itself to First Brands Group in 2020.

Back