Rotella T6 5W30 Multi-vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the deal with this? Is it out but poor availability or, not yet out? Thanks
smile.gif

I would use the stuff in everything if I could find it...

*Give it times folks. Pennzoil Platinum 0w40 is finally being sold at Walmart. Give it 6 months?

Last edited:
Confusing and a tad frustrating, it is. Im keen to try it, use it. Talk about creating mystery! Thanks, all
smile.gif

This whole scenario makes me think of Spinal Tap waiting for the crowd in Cleveland to get revved up a bit before heading out to the stage...and then getting lost on the way there.
;^)

It is frustrating. I spoke to the Shell distributor yesterday, to ask about the product. I might as well have asked about a 0w-20 that had a Cummins approval and an A3/B4 on it all at the same time. He never heard of this product yet.

I honestly wish that oil distributors actually took an interest in their product line (these place only sells Rotella and Formula Shell; they don't even have to concern themselves with the Pennzoil or Quaker State lineups), rather than solely in selling a pallet of whatever, as long as "whatever" has a price.

There's a reason for there to be excitement about this product. Someone who sells the Rotella line should have some information about it. Does Shell not send out literature to its reps? Are Shell reps forbidden from checking the Shell website?

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Do you need a 5WXX in south Florida? I didn't know it got that cold there.

Good question. No, I dont NEED it, I'e been using mostly 10W30 & 10W40 at the moment. Just wanted to try it in my 5W30 spec Honda
smile.gif

It looks like 10k oil easy in normal use, I definitely would be interested in a stout 5w30 HDEO which it appears to be. If it can be found that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back