Shell Rotella 0w20

Can anyone tell me if they still produce the Shell Rotella gas truck 0w20 ? I have hunted everywhere and it is very hard to find. I have looked on Shell's website and it is not even mentioned. Thanks for any help.

No, it's been discontinued because literally no one wanted to pay a premium for the Rotella name and get Quaker State synthetic oil in a red bottle. So they had sale after sale, after sale, until it was all gone.

Why are you hunting for it?

It was a great oil and value when AAP discounted it. Yeah like previously said it's all gone. Anything remaining is old stock or lost under a shelf.

As ^ said it's discontinued but it was never anything that standout, I'd never go through that effort. If you want to protect a little more just use 5w-30 or thicker. I switched from 0w-20 to 5w-40 at 14k in my 2021 6.2 gm and I'm still under warranty without fears because no dealer will uoa it.

No, it's been discontinued because literally no one wanted to pay a premium for the Rotella name and get Quaker State synthetic oil in a red bottle. So they had sale after sale, after sale, until it was all gone.

Why are you hunting for it?
I have a new to me 2018 GMC 1500 5.3 that i have owned for a year. I'm a mechanic and have always used Rotella or Valvoline with good results. I just want a good high quality clean syn.oil to combat some of the 5.3 known issues. I have never been a fan of Pennzoil or Quaker State. I figured the Rotella 0w20 was a good choice and that was my initial oil change with this truck now i cant find it. Any suggestions? I have thought about Schaffers but not sure.

I bought a bunch of it on clearance a couple of years ago. Just finished up the last jug of 0W-20 in my Mitsubishi. NAPA might still have some. RGT had an EV type problem. Overpriced and under-delivers.

I have a new to me 2018 GMC 1500 5.3 that i have owned for a year. I'm a mechanic and have always used Rotella or Valvoline with good results. I just want a good high quality clean syn.oil to combat some of the 5.3 known issues. I have never been a fan of Pennzoil or Quaker State. I figured the Rotella 0w20 was a good choice and that was my initial oil change with this truck now i cant find it. Any suggestions? I have thought about Schaffers but not sure.
Just use any euro 30 or 40. I'm using quaker state 5w-40 in my 21 escalade but I regret to inform you that shell owns pennzoil and quaker state and It's the reason why all 3 have the exact same distinct bottle style minus a color change. All 3 are SOPUS lol. No reason to not be a fan of penn and qs if you're a fan of shell.

You can't tackle mechanical problems and design flaws with just oil; that's a common misconception. Shell owns all these brands, namely Rotella, Pennzoil, and Quaker State. They package various Shell products under these names—Pennzoil and Quaker State—for the North American market. Elsewhere, they sell these same products under the Shell name.

Some of the best "budget-friendly" oils they produce include Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, Pennzoil Euro L 5W-30, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0W-40 (and 5W-40), and Quaker State Euro 5W-40. For reference, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 is the same oil as Quaker State Euro 5W-40, and the same oil as Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40, the oil that street going Ferraris ship with from the factory.

If you're looking for good protection without breaking the bank, then Pennzoil Euro L 5W-30 is your go-to. It's more than sufficient for that 5.3L GM engine. In fact, I'd say it's overkill.

For even better performance, go with Mobil 1. Castrol, much like Valvoline, offers a mixed bag. Some of their products outshine others.
Mobil and Shell co-own Infineum, the leading lubricant additive manufacturer globally. These companies collaborate in more ways than you'd think. Don't be blinded by brand loyalty; aim to use the best. Just because you have good results changing Valvoline every 3000 to 5000 miles doesn't really prove much. Try running the oil for 15K to 20K miles with 5K mile filter changes, take samples at every oil change, and send those samples out for oil analysis. Only then can you truly assess the condition of the oil and its durability. I prefer to leave the chemistry to the chemists and formulation to the formulators, relying on reputation only.

Take Mobil 1 FS 0W-40, for example, the one you find at Walmart. It's the official oil of the Porsche Cup. Yes, they go racing with that oil. It would also provide excellent protection for your engine and make it run quieter when cold. Of course, once they're up to temperature, they all sound the same.

Bang for the buck -- which your engine will never know --- Quaker State Full Synthetic/Quaker State High Mileage Full Synthetic/Quaker State Ultimate Protection.... Purchased at Walmart or online -- win win!!!

Back