RockAuto UltraFast Toyota copy used oil filter cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Gokhan
However, after visiting your previous UOA, Fram Ultra particle counts look dismal. They are somewhat in the unacceptable range for an engine oil filter. What went wrong with the Fram Ultra? Did it clog and run in the bypass mode? Did Blackstone make a mistake in the particle counts? You certainly had no wear metals at all though. How do we explain the BITOG-darling mighty Fram Ultra performing so miserably? Unfortunately I can't find any other Fram Ultra particle counts on the Internet. If these numbers are real, Fram Ultra is a very poor-quality oil filter in real-life applications. Let's hope not.

One data point ... I'd call it a fluke, or something went wrong with the filter and/or PC process until proven otherwise. There was also someone else who posted particle count data for a Fram TG (almost as efficient as the Ultra) used on a motorcycle with shared transmission/clutch, and the PC after 5K miles was cleaner than the new oil in the bottle. Link HERE

According to Blackstone's ISO Code "cleanliness scale" for engine lubes (your link), those are both "dirty". Probably need a full blown 2 micron bypass filtering setup to get well into the "clean" realm or better.

It will be interesting to see how this trends long term. I agree that the results are confusing. I'll continue to get the PC for the next few UOA to build up more data points. Of note another o e of these filters is currently in service on the car for another 5k OCI.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3

Thanks for the kind words. I prefer to try and gather as much data as I can to provide information to the group vs just speculating.

MEGA HUGE Kudos to you for all the data you supply!

(I guess .25/qt oil leaves a few $$$ to pay for the UOA's!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back