Rock Song Or Band Your Tired Of Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Malo83
RUSH that guys voice drives me up the wall.
crazy2.gif

It would help if they played their good stuff on the radio, but all they ever play is their later stuff, which sux IMO...

Originally Posted by dave123
KISS has to be the worst.

They actually have some pretty decent music, but all they ever play on the radio is rock and roll all night, and I could NEVER stand that song...

Originally Posted by spasm3
I hate " Born in the USA. I hate that its played on july 4th.

I HATE EVERYTHING he does...Springsteen couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!

Originally Posted by 4WD
Think I like all of two Rush songs …

The album "2112" alone has 4 times that many good songs on it...but you'll never hear any of them on the radio...

Originally Posted by Warstud
Originally Posted by Malo83
RUSH that guys voice drives me up the wall.
crazy2.gif

This is an awesome Rush song with no singing >>>>>>

Just plain awesomeness!

Radio music or FM radio is not my type of music in general; so out of many songs that are being overplayed also is "You Shook me all Night Long" by AC/DC

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
the one band I've been tired of hearing for the longest time is anything by the Beatles.

Same here....Such an overated band imo. The song writing is terrible. I do like Pauls solo stuff tho

You are very much in the minority with this opinion...

Radio is dead. It's all the same songs, or constant repeats of whatever new pop trash is out.

I use spotify, but apple music/google play/etc. all offer the same service, any music you want, no advertising, and great suggestions based on what you're listening to. I've found more new music I like this way than I had in years listening to CDs or the radio. I highly reccomend it if you have a specific taste in music and you'd like to find new artists or songs of a similar style.

I'm so tired of pop radio I turn it off when I come into work if it's on, and tell my coworkers they can play anything else they want if it's not the pop radio station. We get all sorts of different music, good and bad, that way. Im ok with the older rap music, country (none of that new "hick hop" though), rock, disco, bluegrass, jazz, blues, classical you name it. But absolutely no top 40 pop radio.

It's seems that the demographics of radio are much more related to the advertising reach than it is to the music. I don't know anyone who listens to a tight playlist, formatted radio station with any kind of critical listening or enjoyment perspective when it's the same songs over and over. One of the local FM stations here used to have the tagline "Music for Work...To Get You Through The Day". If that isn't blatant I don't what is....We play background pop music with 25 minutes of advertising an hour.

You look at something like the PBS music series "My Music" which is monetized nostalgia for Boomers and older and that apparently gets the pledge phones ringing for them. It's different in radio. Radio ads pay the bills and generic formats make it easy to defer to the advertisers they need ( or changes they need to make to get the advertisers they need ).

Groups/artists I can't stand are:

George Thorogood

ACDC

Led Zepplin

Bruce Springsteen

The Doors

Queen

Anything Motown

Guns N Roses

Billy Joel

Stones

Cheap Trick

Van Halen

Bob Dylan

Just to name a few...I'm sure I could come up with more...most of the time these days I listen to talk radio during the day, sports radio in the evening, and if I want to listen to music, I listen to the tunes in my play list on my phone...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
the one band I've been tired of hearing for the longest time is anything by the Beatles.

Same here....Such an overated band imo. The song writing is terrible. I do like Pauls solo stuff tho

You are very much in the minority with this opinion...

I'm guessing I have some where close to a couple dozen of their albums on vinyl and some repeated purchases on CD"s, they have a lot really good music but for some reason, and I have no idea why, I just got tired of it. Maybe someday I'll get back into it. And I do like Paul, George and Ringo's solo stuff but never cared much for John's solo stuff. Paul with Wings had some good rockers and they do old Beatles songs pretty well.

For me I simply cannot listen to anything top 40 on the radio these days, 99% of it is pure garbage to my ears. That's why at work as soon as they turn on the radio station to their top 40 junk, I put on my headphones and start listening to metal.

Originally Posted by Vuflanovsky
It's seems that the demographics of radio are much more related to the advertising reach than it is to the music. I don't know anyone who listens to a tight playlist, formatted radio station with any kind of critical listening or enjoyment perspective when it's the same songs over and over. One of the local FM stations here used to have the tagline "Music for Work...To Get You Through The Day". If that isn't blatant I don't what is....We play background pop music with 25 minutes of advertising an hour.

You look at something like the PBS music series "My Music" which is monetized nostalgia for Boomers and older and that apparently gets the pledge phones ringing for them. It's different in radio. Radio ads pay the bills and generic formats make it easy to defer to the advertisers they need ( or changes they need to make to get the advertisers they need ).

Ain't that the truth. Some of the guys like to have the radio going in the background and 90% of the time if I walk out it's a commercial for an injury lawyer being yelled as fast as possible by some idiot.

I think people either got sick of Freebird pretty early or can hear it a hundred times and not have it be psychologically scarring. A lot of those Frampton era "how you feelin'??" arena rock songs can have that effect on people. As a personality, I like Peter Frampton a lot, but I can't take anything on Frampton Comes Alive for more than a couple notes. It's been that way for years. Certain songs or artists are more polarizing than others.

On that count, I feel sorry for artists who get sucked into being something they didn't want to be...which is what I think happened to Frampton. He just wanted to go back to being a guitar player. A great example of that is Los Lobos who did La Bamba as a favor for the movie soundtrack and became identified with that song for a few years. An awful lot of people were sick of La Bamba for awhile and Los Lobos were probably even more sick of it because it was defining who they weren't. Somebody called that "good bad luck" which is probably true.

Nirvana. Went from overplay on Top40/rock stations to overplay on "classic" rock. Instant channel change from me.

Mostly I just stream Prime Music while driving, or listen to a podcast. Commercial radio seems to be mostly commercials these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back