RejeX polymer sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SKUNKY, I'll have to give that stuff a shot when the RejeX runs out, it will be an interesting comparo.

Harry

I am headed down the Texas Gulf coast tomorrow and I expect lots of bugs. I just treated my front surfaces and windows with Rejex in hopes of easily removing bugguts when I return home.

I'll report back.

Quote:

You'll get the same results with Protect All..for half the price..Wally's...great on glass...power windows slide up and down with ease...bugs just wash away...

Can't find RejeX here in Pa.. I'll finish my NuFinish and try this or hopefully find some RejeX locally.

harbor:

You're recommending a second coat of Rejex? What's with the comment on the "coverage?"

I recommend a second coat to even out the coverage, I noticed that one coat while very good, I saw places I had missed.

Harry

Thanks! Based on the instructions, is that one coat, wait twenty minutes, buff, then twelve hours to "cure," or do you follow the first coat with a second shortly thereafter, then let it "cure?"

I applied a second coat the following day. A week later, I gave it a third one after a long trip. It didn't need a third coat and after washing off all the road crud, It looked terrific. I gave it one anyway, but that's just me. I said I wouldn't but I just couldn't help myself....perhaps therepy or a fourth coat
laugh.gif

Harry

harry j:

I'll help you. If you just can't quit coating, I'll bring my rides down this winter and you can coat away. I'll test your handiwork on the drive back to Cincy and subsequent wintertime use. How's that for assistance?

Thanks for enabling me dkryan, but I didn't say I was crazy, just obsessed. I'm thinking of going into detailing, there are plenty of people in Palm Beach that would appreciate a micro polish...and afford it. Drop by any way, we could compare notes and rides.

Harry

I am back from a 500 mile and a 100+ bug round trip. While the bugs didn't rinse off, they came off pretty easy with soap and sheepskin mitt. I'll continue to use it on glass and the front surfaces, and I'll try it on my wheels. IMO there are more cost effective solutions for the rest of my cars.

Quote:

I am back from a 500 mile and a 100+ bug round trip. While the bugs didn't rinse off, they came off pretty easy with soap and sheepskin mitt. I'll continue to use it on glass and the front surfaces, and I'll try it on my wheels. IMO there are more cost effective solutions for the rest of my cars.

Is that with two coats of RejeX?

Harry

Just one. I was unsure if I needed to wait 12 hours before I should add the second coat so I didn't. Yesterday I put on a second (sort of) after washing my car.

My concern on the cost is no so much due to the $20 per bottle, but the product doesn't seem to go very far on the car.

Quote:

Just one. I was unsure if I needed to wait 12 hours before I should add the second coat so I didn't. Yesterday I put on a second (sort of) after washing my car.

My concern on the cost is no so much due to the $20 per bottle, but the product doesn't seem to go very far on the car.

Try a second coat, I found that it was more effective at that dosage and the finish was more even. You have to admit though, the shine is second to none.

Harry

The stuff is very tenacious, if you missed removing some RejeX, it is a bit difficult to remove days later. Still, the shine is tremendous and it seems to shed most any undesirable with aplomb.

How long does one coat of this stuff last in comparison to one coat of NuFinish? I am getting curious now. I will use Rejex on my beater car if it lasts as long as NuFinish.

Quote:

How long does one coat of this stuff last in comparison to one coat of NuFinish? I am getting curious now. I will use Rejex on my beater car if it lasts as long as NuFinish.

I don't really know how long it will last as I have only been using it for a short time. The manufacturer claims it will last at least 4 months. I suspect it will last much longer but having said that, it doesn't apply to those who insist on doing up their finish regularly (me). The shine alone is worth the price of admission.

Harry

I have been using RejeX for a while now. The shine is brilliant. I do have a little bit of a tough time getting it off the finish, particularly when it is put on too thickly. I think Nufinish is a lot easier to use and I have seen some pretty good lookin' finishes with it. Small bugs are very easy to remove, but the larger ones take some effort to get rid of, I guess I expected more from this product in that department. What one application type of Zaino does anyone recommend to use?

Harry

update-

its been a month since I applied rejex and the paint still beads as though as I applied Zaino on it. I agree with harry_j that the bigger bug splatter is not as wipe off as I hoped but seeing as it was air dried to the car for a week before washing it I guess I can't expect much. I did apply it to the rims of the car and they have held up well much better than the wheel wax I was using. Its been raining for the past three days here in the NoVA and from what I see I really do beleive that the rejex will last at least 3-4 months just as the bottle said it would.

Halfbreed- I would order from skygeek.com. They have 16oz bottles for the regular 12oz price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back