Have you tried Rustoleum 2X Ultra Cover Clear Gloss Spray?

It’s a 2x product, which I thought implied “two times the coverage” and thus a thicker coat by default…?
2x the frustration, I think. ;) Their older enamel paint cans spray just as much product. Swapping the nozzle takes care oft that. Krylon Fusion was like that. Krylon is gone from the consumer market. They all want you to spray a lot of product so the can won't last. It's all about marketing. Rustoleum also says no primer is needed but people usually find out they do need primer. They also are stingy with pigments so you need a thick layer. That's why products like Montana are superior because you get more pigment in low-pressure cans but like I said, they only have matte paint because it's primarily graffiti paint. Tamiya paints are very good but at $8 for 100 ml they are very expensive.

Even with the Pro I VERY much prefer to use a primer. Coverage is sooooo much better if first primed.

90% of what I spray is gloss black so I often prefer the "rusty red" primer. The standard light gray is nice but takes more coats of black to hide it.

They do offer an almost-black primer which is sandable and more intended for automotive use.

And clearly, all my rattle can jobs are quick & dirty. Literally striving for good from afar but far from good.

Back