Recommend a dash cam?

I hear starvis 2 sensors have better low light characteristics, especially reading plates, anyone know if this is the case? Right now the vantrue n4 pro/n5 looks appealing but that $300 entry point is a tough pill to swallow

Get what is affordable to you. Most won't get a plate number anyways on anything moving...

This was a reason why Imdidnt buy one a few years back. If you don’t have the resolution in all conditions for getting sufficient proof, it’s not as helpful. And proof or not, I suspect insurance will penalize due to a payable incident, regardless.

I hear starvis 2 sensors have better low light characteristics, especially reading plates, anyone know if this is the case? Right now the vantrue n4 pro/n5 looks appealing but that $300 entry point is a tough pill to swallow

They're a little bit better but if you're trying to read a plate at night, all cams will have a hard time with that unless you're right behind them. With that said, even the cheap ones will easily see the color of the stop light or other situations that doesn't require reading the plates. In daytime, they can pretty much read the plates but it's always recommended to read the plates out if the mic on the cam is on, in case the cam doesn't get it.

I have one of those. You made a good decision, no external modules needed (except if you want constant power for parking mode) and good video quality despite being superseded by a few years.
The app for the iPhone doesn't have good reviews but I'm hoping it's just reviewers that don't know what their doing.

The app for the iPhone doesn't have good reviews but I'm hoping it's just reviewers that don't know what their doing.

The app is fine. You have to manually turn the wi-fi on the camera first before connecting but other than that I've had no issues.

For me, the more angles, the better, so a multi-channel is a must.

I'd take a low quality multi-channel setup over a high quality single or dual cam any day, but get whatever fits your pocket.

I have an entire youtube channel dedicated to my own dash cam videos cause during my 200 mile daily commute, I tend to see some crazy $#!t

Here's a clip from when I got sandwiched in my beater XB

Another from when I got rear ended by some lady in a Tahoe

And another from last week when I spotted a drunk driver weaving in and out of traffic.

He was totally wasted!!

Managed to corner him and take his keys cause there was no way I was gunna let him back on the road in his condition

Ordered this one from Viofo. Didnt know it was being shipped from China. Got an extra gps mount for another car but mostly for the RV. The rv seems to be a problem magnet. If it warms up I'll stick up the mount on the 2nd vehicle.. cheap enough, small and easily moved but can't recommend it yet.
View attachment 196549
I just bought this to replace my Rexling V1 (sold to coworker) and I like it. Thought it was going to be a pain to run the cable for the rear camera but it wasn’t bad at all. Maybe 15 minutes tops. Highly recommend Viofo

Check out the 70mai on amazon. I picked one up a few days back. It's amazing for $40. Links to your phone with wifi, has voice commands, etc.

Back