Received my free oil!... I hit the oil lotto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would gladly do a UOA of that oil on it's second run of it in my GTI. My GTI is out of warranty and this oil has the proper HTHS spec, so I think it'd work out good for my car.

...9 unicorns? How Christmasy

Santa's sleigh pulled by 8 unicorns (see Moore's famous "Night Before Christmas" poem) and Rudolph (later addition from a song).

I never knew that Shell made this grade oil in T6. Learn something knew every day.......See, free publicity

Respectfully,

Pajero!

If you are having trouble finding the Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle 5W-30 product, it is now available at O'Reilly's and Napa Auto Part locations, as well as online at napaonline.com. Be sure to call your local store first to inquire about availability.

Additionally, the Shell ROTELLA team will be looking to amplify this program into the new year.

Thank you,
The Shell ROTELLA Team

Just checked Napaonline and it says $30 for a gallon of the 5w30. Seems a bit steep compared to other options out there.
crazy.gif

I think I'll pass and try something else. Like full synthetic Castrol Magnatec 5w30 at Walmart currently $17.88. Also Rural King 5w30 full synthetic for $10.

It does look like pretty good oil, on paper, that could give near FA-4 levels of fuel economy improvements, with CK-4/SN specs & approvals. If there was only a way to discover NOACK & HTHS numbers...

Originally Posted By: ChrisGuerrero
If you are having trouble finding the Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle 5W-30 product, it is now available at O'Reilly's and Napa Auto Part locations, as well as online at napaonline.com. Be sure to call your local store first to inquire about availability.

Additionally, the Shell ROTELLA team will be looking to amplify this program into the new year.

Thank you,
The Shell ROTELLA Team

If you get it into Walmart you are golden...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ChrisGuerrero

Thank you,
The Shell ROTELLA Team

Are there any spec sheets on this oil Chris?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Just checked Napaonline and it says $30 for a gallon of the 5w30. Seems a bit steep compared to other options out there.
crazy.gif

I think I'll pass and try something else. Like full synthetic Castrol Magnatec 5w30 at Walmart currently $17.88. Also Rural King 5w30 full synthetic for $10.

Especially for a gallon and not 5 qts. They need it under 20.00 price range like at Meijer/Walmart.

Last edited:
Was this ordered through Amazon? Typically they will just tell you to keep the "extra" stuff they accidentally ship.

No joke here - about a year ago my buddy ordered two Honda small generators (EU2000i's) and they shipped two orders of two units each (total of four)! They told him he could ship the two "extra" units back if he wanted to, but they would not double charge him if he decided to keep them as it was their fault! Talk about a score!

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Was this ordered through Amazon? Typically they will just tell you to keep the "extra" stuff they accidentally ship.

No joke here - about a year ago my buddy ordered two Honda small generators (EU2000i's) and they shipped two orders of two units each (total of four)! They told him he could ship the two "extra" units back if he wanted to, but they would not double charge him if he decided to keep them as it was their fault! Talk about a score!

No, it was a promotional deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back