Mailbox hit by drunk driver

Why not just put an individual mailbox next to the street in front of your house?
I guess you haven't been out west? Street? LoL! I'm the Last house on a dirt road. Here the mailman doesn't leave the street.

Here is how my morning commute starts! When I stop at the stop sign is where the street and mailboxes are.

Whatever may happen to the top rail is whatever happens to the top rail since the neighbors seem to have the attitude that it's everyone for themselves. You are there to move your box back to its proper location. Is that thing above yours with the + on the front even USPS approved?

Since it all needs to be replaced anyway it may be better to not have any sort of stacked common structure and just say that each address has a certain footage to place their box. There seems to be a lot of road to work with.
I'm sure that wooden box is not approved. I hate it as the door always falls open and is in my way.

I think the postman was in position to say that he's not going to deliver to any of those boxes until they are in acceptable condition-- mounted on stable support(s) with closable doors. As @Jetronic said, that would hasten the resolution of this situation.

Here, a guy named "Trent" posted he was planning to destroy his landlord's washing machine in order to force purchase of a new one.
Don't be Trent...and destroy the mailboxes completely to force action. They will get YOU.

Aren't mailboxes sacred cows by any measure? I wouldn't be surprised if the P.O. had regs to condemn that array of mailboxes.
Who constructed the array in the first place?

Here, a guy named "Trent" posted he was planning to destroy his landlord's washing machine in order to force purchase of a new one.
Don't be Trent...and destroy the mailboxes completely to force action. They will get YOU.

Aren't mailboxes sacred cows by any measure? I wouldn't be surprised if the P.O. had regs to condemn that array of mailboxes.
Who constructed the array in the first place?
A neighbor built it about 40 years ago

Mail boxes, signs, etc. should break away in a crash. Building something very solid right next to the road can be a liability.
Mine is cantilevered out on a 1.5" pipe about 4 foot. It's a 6 ft pipe total. I can adjust it out when the snow piles up.
But it sits inside a 2" pipe and has a break away bolt securing it. If someone hits it it will swing around and hit the backend.....

Stuff like this is so aggravating. I have no ideas on a remedy. How far is the main post office? I'm sure they're going to hold the mail for you. Only caveat is you have to go get it.

:mad:

This is a situation that isn't fair, but life rarely is. You're going to have to fix it, and you'll be out time and money.

Do the other neighbors---at least with the boxes directly above yours --- know of your problem?

Is there really not a fabricator among those 70 mailboxes in BFE???

Back