Reasonably good 5 gallon gas can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: earlyre
easy peasy.
buy whatever CARB compliant, guaranteed to leak POS you want.
throw away the spout.
Spend another $10.99 on this:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ez-pour-universal-replacement-spout-kit?cm_vc=IOPDP1
the key is it comes with a vent cap, replace the spout, drill the hole and install the vent on the end opposite the spout.

works. like. a. dream.
. X2.... I modded my cans years ago with the ez pour spouts. No spills or leaking spouts since.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
The best is an old vented one from a yard sale.

Agreed. That or Craigslist. I like the Wedco cans with stuff spouts.
Or specter

Ironically the EPA gas cans help out with the EPA gas. I find the spring loaded seal to keep the gas fresher, which is important with ethanol laced gasoline.

Trick is to disable to lock mechanism spring so you don't have too juggle three things at once. Just twist and fuel

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Originally Posted By: earlyre
easy peasy.
buy whatever CARB compliant, guaranteed to leak POS you want.
throw away the spout.
Spend another $10.99 on this:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ez-pour-universal-replacement-spout-kit?cm_vc=IOPDP1
the key is it comes with a vent cap, replace the spout, drill the hole and install the vent on the end opposite the spout.

works. like. a. dream.
. X2.... I modded my cans years ago with the ez pour spouts. No spills or leaking spouts since.

+3. I have modified all my newer cans.
If you are close to a Rural King, the spouts are considerably cheaper there.

Menards has had on sale the Eagle 5 gallon metal gas cans for $27.99 and at other times $29.99. Once you get use to the plastic spouts on them they are a great can for sealing the fumes out. I see Rural King has a Metal can 5 gallon safety can for $27.95. I'm trying to get rid of all of my plastic gas cans because of poor sealing and the fumes they let out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back