Rear Shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
2012? How many miles? My Mazda3 is a 2012 (88,000 miles) and is nowhere near needing shocks.

Road conditions and driving styles have a big input on how long shocks/struts last on a vehicle.
Just because your car is fine doesn't negate some one else's experience.

BC.

I haven't looked at them yet but when it was in for a seasonal tire changeover the shop said the shocks were leaking.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Bilstein or Sachs from Rock Auto. It doesn't look too bad on this car, it should be a fairly easy DIY.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably give it a whirl. I have the factory service manual in case I get into trouble.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
2012? How many miles? My Mazda3 is a 2012 (88,000 miles) and is nowhere near needing shocks.

Road conditions and driving styles have a big input on how long shocks/struts last on a vehicle.
Just because your car is fine doesn't negate some one else's experience.

BC.

Yes, any the Mazda6 is not the same as the Mazda3. I know all that. I'm just surprised and wondering how many miles the shocks have on them. My son has a 2012 Hyundai Accent with fewer miles than my Mazda and I think it could benefit from new shocks and struts. It's been a LONG time since I had to replace any. I drove an 89 Honda Accord for 23 years and replaced the suspension dampeners every 150K miles. I say "suspension dampeners" because that's what Honda called them. They were somewhat like a coil-over shock, neither shock nor McPherson strut.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I understand the term "DAMPERS" to be the correct name for any shock, strut or otherwise.

Dang. The grammarian fails! I had typed "dampers" and then thought it just didn't look right. Should have stuck with my original instinct. Y'all knew what I meant.

Though, if you look up "dampener" you will find that it is grammatically correct, too.

Haven't done shocks in awhile. Does the mounting hardware come with the shock? I'm in the rust belt and I'm thinking new hardware may be appropriate. Dealer part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back